Work Experience or College - ATC - Aviation Information

I Disappear When You Log In - Register


I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
^ Advertise Here

Work Experience or College

« Previous Article Viewed 2,172 Times Next Article »
What type of experience do I need to become an Air Traffic Controller?

You do not need any prior air traffic control experience to apply to become an air traffic controller.

You must have three years of progressively responsible work experience, or a Bachelorís degree, or a combination of post-secondary education and work experience that totals three years.

Most types of paid or unpaid employment will provide progressively responsible experience, as you learn about the organization, gain knowledge about the work, and demonstrate responsibility.

Post-secondary education is credited based on its relationship to 120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours. For example, 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours is comparable to 1 year of education. Four years of progressive study or 120 semester hours meets the degree requirements.

For study at a business, technical or trade school, 36 weeks of study (20+ classroom hours per week) is comparable to 1 post-secondary academic year.

If you intend using any post-secondary education as part of your eligibility, you must submit official transcripts with your application.
« Previous Article Viewed 2,172 Times Next Article »