We are the first school in Texas approved for ATC by the FAA, and the first evangelical Christian College/University in the nation with an ATC program.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is facing a serious need for trained air traffic controllers- maybe you'll be the voice that pilots hear when being routed across the sky! Controllers are very well paid and have excellent benefits. Is this challenging job something that you would enjoy?
LeTourneau University's two-year degree is designed to prepare students to interview with the FAA and enter training in Oklahoma City. Our program includes the use of high-tech radar and tower simulators to prepare our students for their career. FAA applicants must meet physical requirements and typically must be under the age of 31 to be hired.
A few career options:
- Center/TRACON air traffic controller
- Tower/Ground air traffic controller
LeTourneau University - Longview, TX
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved LeTourneau University as an Air Traffic Control- College Training Initiative (ATC-CTI) in early October, 2008.
- According to the US Department of Labor , the mean annual wage for Air Traffic Controllers is over $107,000. Demand for new Air Traffic Controllers is expected to be high as current controllers reach retirement age. Learn what itís like to be an Air Traffic Controller here .
- Two Air Traffic Control degrees will initially be offered at LeTourneau University: a two-year Associates degree in Air Traffic Control and a four-year bachelorís degree in Air Traffic Control Management.
- LeTourneau University will offer the Air Traffic Control program at the Longview campus.
- The FAA will not typically hire Air Traffic Controllers over the age of 31, or controllers who are unable to meet FAA medical requirements