I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Job Info

  1. #21
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27

    Re: Job Info

    Quote Originally Posted by ajmezz View Post
    also, what part on AR are you from? I'm from conway.

    Are you on with the FAA or still in school?

  2. #22
    ajmezz's Avatar
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    979

    Re: Job Info

    I'm done with school and applied for the most recent march panels. Didn't make it and am currently looking into the air guard.

  3. #23
    GQ3
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: Job Info

    from reading all this when the guy references his CTO im gonna assume he means he tok the CTO test in tech school and passed so they give you a fake CTO card..... Doesnt hold water buddy.... you need to get facility rated in a tower and hold your ratings for 52 consecutive weeks to qualify for an FAA job under the CTO, VRA, or RMC announcements.... thats 2 years of qualified experience and working an army GCA doesnt qualify.... shoulda went air national guard and they woulda hooked u up with a nice DoD job doing ATC if they had any available but as of right now OTS is your only option, in which case youre screwed....

  4. #24
    arg3b's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    262

    Re: Job Info

    Freestu06,

    I agree with others in the fact that you should be set for the VRA route but if you're really serious about a CTI school have you considered Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (30 miles SE of Nashville)? It's a 4-year school with a great CTI program. We also just bought brand new simulators, which includes a 30ft. x 30ft, 360-degree wrap around tower. Some good stuff going on around here!

  5. #25
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Dark Dark Room
    Posts
    433

    Re: Job Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestu06 View Post
    Come on now guy are you serious. FAA regs are still in place, you have to be in the tower under the eye of experienced military controllers for 6 months before you are rated. I could have sworn that was a given.....Geeeeezzzz
    Yeah I am. When the regs state 6 months experience and you state ZERO experience, I begin to think passed the CTO written and doesn't know better. Sorry if I misread you and I'm not trying to be a prick (in which case I'll eat my words), but zero experience to me reads as I've never so much as given a control instruction in my life in the real world. I mean even if I asked a DEV with one position what experience do you have? I'd expect them to tell me if they asked me a question that they had this scope or that position even if it was Data.

    I looked at your past posts and I get it that you just got through tech school. Knowing that I'm sorry I came off so strong, but heed my words. This is a VERY unforgiving field when it comes to miss communication and vague wording. We are ingrained to follow religiously what is written down and are extremely anal. We are also to a person far more brutal to other controllers than non controllers (or DEVs, OTS CTI Etc). Expect it, live it, love it. You called yourself a rated controller and then dangled out that bait that said to a person who lives in black and white you couldn't possibly be. Sorry that you got bit. Expect it next time.

  6. #26
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27

    Re: Job Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Genot View Post
    Yeah I am. When the regs state 6 months experience and you state ZERO experience, I begin to think passed the CTO written and doesn't know better. Sorry if I misread you and I'm not trying to be a prick (in which case I'll eat my words), but zero experience to me reads as I've never so much as given a control instruction in my life in the real world. I mean even if I asked a DEV with one position what experience do you have? I'd expect them to tell me if they asked me a question that they had this scope or that position even if it was Data.

    I looked at your past posts and I get it that you just got through tech school. Knowing that I'm sorry I came off so strong, but heed my words. This is a VERY unforgiving field when it comes to miss communication and vague wording. We are ingrained to follow religiously what is written down and are extremely anal. We are also to a person far more brutal to other controllers than non controllers (or DEVs, OTS CTI Etc). Expect it, live it, love it. You called yourself a rated controller and then dangled out that bait that said to a person who lives in black and white you couldn't possibly be. Sorry that you got bit. Expect it next time.

    LOL...naw buddy you didn't bite me you swallowed me up...GULP!!!. But preciate it, I like the harsh but true statements. We shall cross paths one day.

  7. #27
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27

    Re: Job Info

    Quote Originally Posted by GQ3 View Post
    from reading all this when the guy references his CTO im gonna assume he means he tok the CTO test in tech school and passed so they give you a fake CTO card..... Doesnt hold water buddy.... you need to get facility rated in a tower and hold your ratings for 52 consecutive weeks to qualify for an FAA job under the CTO, VRA, or RMC announcements.... thats 2 years of qualified experience and working an army GCA doesnt qualify.... shoulda went air national guard and they woulda hooked u up with a nice DoD job doing ATC if they had any available but as of right now OTS is your only option, in which case youre screwed....
    Well I'm going to go to a CTI school now. I won't stop til im controlling traffic...trust me

  8. #28
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27

    Re: Job Info

    Quote Originally Posted by ajmezz View Post
    I'm done with school and applied for the most recent march panels. Didn't make it and am currently looking into the air guard.
    If you are done with school why are you considering the air guard? Is it that hard to get accepted into the Academy?

  9. #29
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: Job Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestu06 View Post
    If you are done with school why are you considering the air guard? Is it that hard to get accepted into the Academy?
    oh yea...there are some people on here who are still waiting and graduated like 3 years ago from school.

  10. #30
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27

    Re: Job Info

    Quote Originally Posted by arg3b View Post
    Freestu06,

    I agree with others in the fact that you should be set for the VRA route but if you're really serious about a CTI school have you considered Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (30 miles SE of Nashville)? It's a 4-year school with a great CTI program. We also just bought brand new simulators, which includes a 30ft. x 30ft, 360-degree wrap around tower. Some good stuff going on around here!
    I have considered MTSU, but I have kinda narrowed my choices down to community colleges because the out of state tuition fees won't hurt me as much as a university. I'm also on drill status with my national guard unit which means I would have to drive to arkansas once a month for a weekend. Currently I have applied to schools in Oklahoma and Texas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •