Basics Break up

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Basics Break up

  1. #1
    Murph20047's Avatar
    NCT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    86

    Basics Break up

    So I just found out that once im done with basics, Part of my class will be split up. So far its me and 2 other people that are seperating from the rest of the class to go through tower cab. Does anyone know why they do this? I already have a carpool and study group established, Plus my wife has made friends with others and now, we will be on opposite schedules? This sucks. Has anyone ever succesfully swiched class numbers?

  2. #2
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19

    Re: Basics Break up

    boo hoo, just be glad you are there.

  3. #3
    Cirrus12's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by batman1 View Post
    boo hoo, just be glad you are there.
    Awesome first post...

  4. #4
    Roddy_Piper's Avatar
    Resident Knucklehead

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vegas baby
    Posts
    3,339

    Re: Basics Break up

    just wondering? what class are u wanting to switch to? ur going to tower and part of your basics class is going to RTF? enroute? you can only go to what your going to. or are u wanting to move back a class and be in one that starts fresh?

    i guess i just don't understand what u are wanting. so your basics class was made up of people going terminal and en route?

  5. #5
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    589

    Re: Basics Break up

    They only have so many slots per classroom. The class I was in was broke up into 2 separate classes as well after basics.

  6. #6
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus12 View Post
    Awesome first post...

    glad you enjoyed it...the point is, with so many people waiting to get to OKC, i think that those who have already gotten that far should be happy to be there starting their career, not worrying about getting split from their study buddies.

  7. #7
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    589

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by batman1 View Post
    glad you enjoyed it...the point is, with so many people waiting to get to OKC, i think that those who have already gotten that far should be happy to be there starting their career, not worrying about getting split from their study buddies.
    and the others can quit whining about it. Everyone that is there or has already gone through has played the same waiting game. Deal with it. It's part of the process.

    Oh, and how bout you just be happy that you even have the opportunity to apply for this job. Not that long ago not very many people got hired to do this job. Quit bitching.

  8. #8
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by ColtsATC View Post
    and the others can quit whining about it. Everyone that is there or has already gone through has played the same waiting game. Deal with it. It's part of the process.

    Oh, and how bout you just be happy that you even have the opportunity to apply for this job. Not that long ago not very many people got hired to do this job. Quit bitching.
    POW.. I'd definitely have to agree with this statement

  9. #9
    illogical's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    orlando
    Posts
    96

    Re: Basics Break up

    some of you will be thrown in with cti and vra's its a regular occurrence. We had 5 or 6 basic people come into our class and the rest of the ots stayed with their basics classmates. It was done on a volunteer basis.. Might be different if noone volunteered

  10. #10
    BoomerSooner77's Avatar
    I am rubber, you're glue.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Basics Break up

    My understanding was they split the basics into two classes for the rest of the time grouped with others from your facility (not applicant type) as in ZFW/ZKC in one class and ZID/ZMP in another class..... and also to free up training rooms as they rotate both classes AM / PM. Maybe this is just for enroute though.
    Listen, I love Jesus, but I drink a little.
    -Gladys Hardy

    :chug:

  11. #11
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by ColtsATC View Post
    and the others can quit whining about it. Everyone that is there or has already gone through has played the same waiting game. Deal with it. It's part of the process.

    Oh, and how bout you just be happy that you even have the opportunity to apply for this job. Not that long ago not very many people got hired to do this job. Quit bitching.
    i agree as well...no bitching here, more just enjoying how my sarcastic remarks can cause such an uprising in this tightly wound crowd. have a beer, chill out, i am just here to have fun.

  12. #12
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    589

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by batman1 View Post
    i agree as well...no bitching here, more just enjoying how my sarcastic remarks can cause such an uprising in this tightly wound crowd. have a beer, chill out, i am just here to have fun.
    Can't have a beer. I'm in Iraq.

  13. #13
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    31

    Re: Basics Break up

    After looking at some of the course start and end dates, it seems like they make the split after basics to implement some of the VRA and CTI students and make the classes smaller.

    I have an Initial Tower Cab class start date of 17 Aug which is the around same date the terminal basics class that starts 14 July is scheduled to end. The 14 July class has a max capacity somewhere around 18-20 students. I'm assuming that they are planning on splitting up the 14 July basics class into two smaller groups because there is two Initial Cab classes with a smaller capacity starting right after and dropping us VRA and CTI students into those classes. This is all speculation from the class dates...I could very well be wrong.

  14. #14
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    KCRW
    Posts
    12

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph20047 View Post
    So I just found out that once im done with basics, Part of my class will be split up. So far its me and 2 other people that are seperating from the rest of the class to go through tower cab. Does anyone know why they do this? I already have a carpool and study group established, Plus my wife has made friends with others and now, we will be on opposite schedules? This sucks. Has anyone ever succesfully swiched class numbers?
    You mean you don't want to be with DE?

  15. #15
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    KCRW
    Posts
    12

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by C11indy View Post
    Joshua,
    There will be 6 from your basics class:


    You
    Charlene
    Nathan
    Christopher L.
    Jonathon
    Matt

    Thre is also 1 VRA
    1 CTO
    1 RMC
    2 CTI

    There is one more to be added, most likely an Enroute Failure.

    Good Luck, I'll be over to see the class on Mon. (6-29).

    Wow, so much for confidentially. It seems totally inappropriate to have given out that information here.

  16. #16
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBarnes View Post
    Wow, so much for confidentially. It seems totally inappropriate to have given out that information here. Do you work for the FAA?
    What's confidential about that?

    C11indy: tell Jonathon "hello" for me! (if it's the one going to FSM)

  17. #17
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    KCRW
    Posts
    12

    Re: Basics Break up

    Are you serious? Clearly the person who posted that information works in another department. So it would be OK for someone in another department to post information about you and your class on here for everyone to see? I'm not saying that anything the above poster posted reveled anything serious but if they can post that information who's to say they couldn't/wouldn't post anything else if you rubbed them the wrong way?

    If you think it's ok to post information like that then can you post your SSN and a valid credit card here please?

  18. #18
    NYcGaNgStEr's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    297

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by batman1 View Post
    boo hoo, just be glad you are there.

    I'm still laughing at this ^^ lol

  19. #19
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBarnes View Post
    Are you serious? Clearly the person who posted that information works in another department. So it would be OK for someone in another department to post information about you and your class on here for everyone to see? I'm not saying that anything the above poster posted reveled anything serious but if they can post that information who's to say they couldn't/wouldn't post anything else if you rubbed them the wrong way?

    If you think it's ok to post information like that then can you post your SSN and a valid credit card here please?
    It's a name and a class, not someone's SSN and credit card information. ANYONE working ANYWHERE that has access to your personal data could theoretically post it on here. Fact is that they DON'T.

    I have access to over 400 employees salary information along with SSNs, addresses, and the like. Even if they did piss me off, I'm not going to risk serious jail time to get back at them. Your personal data is everywhere, and if someone wanted it bad enough they would be able to get it, hands down.

    Granted, posting it might not have been the best course of action (a PM would have been better) but it's not like the OP revealed anything confidential. If last names were posted, I could see there being more of an issue.

    For all I care, they can post my class date/time, and first name. It's not like half the people on here or JC don't know it anyways.

  20. #20
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    991

    Re: Basics Break up

    Quote Originally Posted by lugoi View Post
    After looking at some of the course start and end dates, it seems like they make the split after basics to implement some of the VRA and CTI students and make the classes smaller.

    I have an Initial Tower Cab class start date of 17 Aug which is the around same date the terminal basics class that starts 14 July is scheduled to end. The 14 July class has a max capacity somewhere around 18-20 students. I'm assuming that they are planning on splitting up the 14 July basics class into two smaller groups because there is two Initial Cab classes with a smaller capacity starting right after and dropping us VRA and CTI students into those classes. This is all speculation from the class dates...I could very well be wrong.
    You're actually completely correct.

    Our basics class was 20 people, all Tower. We were split up going into Tower cab. 12 and 8 people each. I was in the class with 12 and we didn't take on any CTI or VRA hires. The other guys got 4. So the intent was to make the classes smaller. This way we could work back to back simulator runs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •