San Juan CERAP - ZSU - Page 2

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    69

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Anyone know anything about the current bid for ZSU? How many people they are picking up? I submitted my bid today, anyone else put in a bid?

  2. #22
    mbalunda's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanfl86 View Post
    Anyone know anything about the current bid for ZSU? How many people they are picking up? I submitted my bid today, anyone else put in a bid?
    I don't know anything about it, but getting into ZSU should be fairly easy. I think they have a bigger problem with people leaving, so as long as your current facility will release you it shouldn't be an issue.

  3. #23
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    I'm currently at the CERAP right now. Nobody really knows what happened, if anyone got picked up on those bids. What facility are you at now? I might be interested in doing a swap if your interested.

  4. #24
    Kolle018's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    31

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Anyone got any current info on ZSU? I'm interested in puting in an ERR.

  5. #25
    Stinger's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,559

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Old thread I know....
    But do the controllers do both center and approach work? Or is it basically split and they only work in one area?
    What is the staffing like? Would they pick up any lower level up/down CPCs?

  6. #26
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    CERAP is a center/approach combined. You work the A sides on the center side if you are approach and flight data on the approach side if you are center, but once you CPC you won't see the other side anymore except for currency. Staffing is getting better all around, but center is hurting more because it takes longer to train on that side. we pick up people from lower level up/downs all the time so put an ERR in if you are interested. staffing is pretty good on the approach side right now but there are people trying to leave so you may get picked up.. that's how I got here!

  7. #27
    Stinger's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,559

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbittruns View Post
    CERAP is a center/approach combined. You work the A sides on the center side if you are approach and flight data on the approach side if you are center, but once you CPC you won't see the other side anymore except for currency. Staffing is getting better all around, but center is hurting more because it takes longer to train on that side. we pick up people from lower level up/downs all the time so put an ERR in if you are interested. staffing is pretty good on the approach side right now but there are people trying to leave so you may get picked up.. that's how I got here!
    Very informative and just what I was looking for. Thank you!

  8. #28
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    2

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Anyone currently at ZSU or have any info about ZSU and how long it usually takes to achieve CPC? I am currently at the Academy and was hired under the Feb OTS bid and ZSU is one of the options we can choose.
    Thanks in advance.

  9. #29
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    388

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by oscaruniform View Post
    Anyone currently at ZSU or have any info about ZSU and how long it usually takes to achieve CPC? I am currently at the Academy and was hired under the Feb OTS bid and ZSU is one of the options we can choose.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but is everyone getting to select based on class rank?

  10. #30
    gablephillip's Avatar
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    434

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbittruns View Post
    CERAP is a center/approach combined. You work the A sides on the center side if you are approach and flight data on the approach side if you are center, but once you CPC you won't see the other side anymore except for currency. Staffing is getting better all around, but center is hurting more because it takes longer to train on that side. we pick up people from lower level up/downs all the time so put an ERR in if you are interested. staffing is pretty good on the approach side right now but there are people trying to leave so you may get picked up.. that's how I got here!
    Bout 100% sure I'll select ZSU when I finish the Academy 22APR. Still a good spot?
    Last edited by gablephillip; 01-18-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Brain Fart

  11. #31
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by gablephillip View Post
    Bout 100% sure I'll select ZJU when I finish the Academy 22APR. Still a good spot?
    How are you sure it'll be available? Do you have to pick Western to get ZJU as an option?

  12. #32
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    388

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Apes View Post
    How are you sure it'll be available? Do you have to pick Western to get ZJU as an option?
    Pretty sure you can choose Guam, Puerto Rico or Anchorage regardless of your region.

  13. #33
    freshav8tor's Avatar
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye10 View Post
    Pretty sure you can choose Guam, Puerto Rico or Anchorage regardless of your region.
    This is true

  14. #34
    phillyman2633's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Apes View Post
    How are you sure it'll be available? Do you have to pick Western to get ZJU as an option?

  15. #35
    freshav8tor's Avatar
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Lmao.. People no hope in the human race

  16. #36
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    240

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyman2633 View Post
    I was also going to chastise him his mastery of geography, but I too figured there was no hope!

  17. #37
    ClearanceClarence's Avatar
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    533

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    That's some Christopher Columbus-quality geography...

  18. #38
    gablephillip's Avatar
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    434

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    Oh lawd.

    Moving forward, how is school there? I imagine it's pretty good because they need to keep everybody they get....

  19. #39
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    42

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    the downstairs training program is actually ok. we have a couple good guys teaching.......but we aren't going to keep you just because we need people. you still have to prove yourself. this airspace is incredibly complex. lots of non radar and there are no high and low sectors. it gets pretty wild in the winter time on the center side.

  20. #40
    FoggyWindow's Avatar
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Santos Intl Airport
    Posts
    679

    Re: San Juan CERAP - ZSU

    LOL @ that graphic display of how geography works

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •