New York Center - ZNY - Page 10

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 190 of 190
  1. #181
    JNev's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore/Philly
    Posts
    193

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryTheAce View Post
    Wait so what is this “PIT”? Just curious. I’ve heard from trainees here that have friends at ZNY arhat they’re certifying AG’s on TMU and giving them D1 or D2 pay before they even get their D-Sides!?! Seems like chaos to me.
    Ahhhhh, the PIT of Misery! Dilly Dilly!

  2. #182
    NovemberEcho's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,385

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryTheAce View Post
    Wait so what is this “PIT”? Just curious. I’ve heard from trainees here that have friends at ZNY arhat they’re certifying AG’s on TMU and giving them D1 or D2 pay before they even get their D-Sides!?! Seems like chaos to me.
    I'm sure they do more but when we have departures from uncontrolled airports going into center airspace we'll call the Pit before giving them a clearance to make sure the route is good.

  3. #183
    HenryTheAce's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    ZMP -> D21
    Posts
    251

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    Ahhhhh, the PIT of Misery! Dilly Dilly!
    Dilly Dilly!! Hope there’s some good ones for the super bowl

  4. #184
    HenryTheAce's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    ZMP -> D21
    Posts
    251

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by NovemberEcho View Post
    I'm sure they do more but when we have departures from uncontrolled airports going into center airspace we'll call the Pit before giving them a clearance to make sure the route is good.
    Gotchya, so kinda like a TMU function. That must be why I’m hearing they do TMU

  5. #185
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    79

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryTheAce View Post
    Gotchya, so kinda like a TMU function. That must be why I’m hearing they do TMU
    The “pit” is a position in TMU that they’re using AGs to staff now. Since it’s going to be awhile before they start stage three, they keep them busy and bump them to D2. They review routes for nearly every departure leaving ZNY airspace (JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB, ISP, FRG, HPN, PHL, SWF, and all the satellites) and make necessary revisions based on weather, TMI’s, or other factors.

  6. #186
    NovemberEcho's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,385

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    That certainly explains why they're such a pain in the ass to get ahold of. I swear everyone working in the Pit is deaf.

  7. #187
    JNev's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore/Philly
    Posts
    193

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by NovemberEcho View Post
    That certainly explains why they're such a pain in the ass to get ahold of. I swear everyone working in the Pit is deaf.
    And they don’t have any Bud Light

  8. #188
    Jax
    Jax's Avatar
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    N90-EWR
    Posts
    867

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by BGaviator13 View Post
    The “pit” is a position in TMU that they’re using AGs to staff now. Since it’s going to be awhile before they start stage three, they keep them busy and bump them to D2. They review routes for nearly every departure leaving ZNY airspace (JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB, ISP, FRG, HPN, PHL, SWF, and all the satellites) and make necessary revisions based on weather, TMI’s, or other factors.
    They are notorious for screwing up routes that go out of N90's EWR area satellites straight into ZBW airspace. Apparently since those aircraft are not going into ZNY airspace, they give two shits about the route being correct. This has been an ongoing issue since the '80's.

  9. #189
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    79

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    They are notorious for screwing up routes that go out of N90's EWR area satellites straight into ZBW airspace. Apparently since those aircraft are not going into ZNY airspace, they give two shits about the route being correct. This has been an ongoing issue since the '80's.
    Which ones in particular and what routes?

  10. #190
    Jax
    Jax's Avatar
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    N90-EWR
    Posts
    867

    Re: New York Center - ZNY

    Quote Originally Posted by BGaviator13 View Post
    Which ones in particular and what routes?
    TEB BREZY routes, specially those that go at medium altitudes over SOARS, BAYYS, and MERIT after CMK tend to be the ones that slip by more often than the others, but I've seen MMU and to a lesser extent CDW's too.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Similar Threads

  1. New York TRACON - N90
    By nb2fd in forum FAA TRACON
    Replies: 934
    Last Post: 10-18-2018, 04:08 AM
  2. Albany - ALB
    By mustangfreak in forum ATC Facility General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 11:13 AM
  3. CTI AT-SAT Date for New York
    By FreeFalling in forum CTI - Collegiate Training Initiative
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 09:06 AM
  4. Hi everyone- from New York
    By NYC_SPEEDBIRD in forum Stuck Mic Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •