Seattle Center - ZSE - Page 2

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 174
  1. #21
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    41

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    I applied July 08 (PUBNAT 5) OTS. Has anyone received an email back yet after accepting the interview? It said in the email that they would confirm via a return email, but I haven't received anything as of yet.

  2. #22
    blakeh's Avatar
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SLN
    Posts
    405

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by usothrowed View Post
    I replied that I accept the interview and was sent a confirmation the same day. I'm now hoping my interview could be scheduled just as fast..lol

    Wo wo wo...Were dealing with FAA "Just as fast" I dont think they do. LOL!

    I just messing! Hopefully theyll get you moving here soon!

  3. #23
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    I just got a conformation email, no scheduled interview yet.

  4. #24
    CirrusDriver's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    78

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguynamedzach View Post
    Grats all! When did you guys put your apps in? All of you guys CTI and OTS?
    I am an OTS. I originally applied for PUBNAT 4 in JUN08. However I turned down FAI in that round. Got picked up for ZSE off the PUBNAT 5 app from JUL08.

  5. #25
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    I am actually glad I didnt land a PEPC slot. I would rather drive to ATL a few times rather than get to Chicago...

  6. #26
    thatguynamedzach's Avatar
    RADAR is where its AT!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    227

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by rostato View Post
    I am actually glad I didnt land a PEPC slot. I would rather drive to ATL a few times rather than get to Chicago...
    I would be bummed out not to get PEPC spot. I heard that you get an Academy date faster and its just one less thing you have to worry about..I'm tryin to get to my facility asap...So I can start workin and getting pay raises ASAP.
    CTO and TRACON Ticket from NAVY.
    11/23/09 - Honorable Discharge
    03/04/10 - CTO Referral CA, NV
    03/05/10 - VRA Referral OR *WA state wasn't hiring*
    04/01/10 - Reject for VRA and CTO
    10/06/10 - VRA Referral, OR
    12/15/10 - Intrview
    02/11/11 - TOL=P80
    02/14/11 - Drug Test
    02/22/11 - Med. Exam
    03/03/11 - MMPI-2
    04/05/11 - All clear
    04/19/11 - Verb told Class date =)
    04/26/11 - FOL 7/14RTF

  7. #27
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguynamedzach View Post
    I would be bummed out not to get PEPC spot. I heard that you get an Academy date faster and its just one less thing you have to worry about..I'm tryin to get to my facility asap...So I can start workin and getting pay raises ASAP.
    I could care less because I am still finishing up college full time. So the closer I am to being finished before I get hired, the closer I am to finishing when I finally get certified, and have time to finish my degree. I am hopeing to only have like 2-3 classes left before I leave for OKC.

    The best part is that there is an ERAU worldwide campus in the same area as ZSE, so I will be able to finish my degree easy!

  8. #28
    thatguynamedzach's Avatar
    RADAR is where its AT!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    227

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by rostato View Post
    I could care less because I am still finishing up college full time. So the closer I am to being finished before I get hired, the closer I am to finishing when I finally get certified, and have time to finish my degree. I am hopeing to only have like 2-3 classes left before I leave for OKC.

    The best part is that there is an ERAU worldwide campus in the same area as ZSE, so I will be able to finish my degree easy!
    I'm going to ERAU too. But makin money and bein above the competition and getting CPC has to be number 1. If I was going to ZSE I would be studying the airspace and tryin to figure out as much info as I can. Lookin up maps of airports basically the entire state of WA oregon and the northern part of CALI... My friend in the FAA says all his Trainees suck and don't study. He said they want to be spoon fed everything. Eventually he thinks they will be released. Just him saying that I wouldn't want anyone to think that i'm a sucky trainee and don't know shit....Do you get a bonus for having a BS in PA? If so..then hell yea I would be tryin to finish up that degree with the quickness...
    Last edited by thatguynamedzach; 06-10-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: .
    CTO and TRACON Ticket from NAVY.
    11/23/09 - Honorable Discharge
    03/04/10 - CTO Referral CA, NV
    03/05/10 - VRA Referral OR *WA state wasn't hiring*
    04/01/10 - Reject for VRA and CTO
    10/06/10 - VRA Referral, OR
    12/15/10 - Intrview
    02/11/11 - TOL=P80
    02/14/11 - Drug Test
    02/22/11 - Med. Exam
    03/03/11 - MMPI-2
    04/05/11 - All clear
    04/19/11 - Verb told Class date =)
    04/26/11 - FOL 7/14RTF

  9. #29
    RdRunnr12's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguynamedzach View Post
    I'm going to ERAU too. But makin money and bein above the competition and getting CPC has to be number 1. If I was going to ZSE I would be studying the airspace and tryin to figure out as much info as I can. Lookin up maps of airports basically the entire state of WA oregon and the northern part of CALI... My friend in the FAA says all his Trainees suck and don't study. He said they want to be spoon fed everything. Eventually he thinks they will be released..
    Those of us that are OTS and haven't been to the academy have no idea what to study. Studying a map means nothing if you don't know what you're looking at or looking for. Also, they tell you not to study for your facility while you are in OKC so you can focus on making it through that.

  10. #30
    thatguynamedzach's Avatar
    RADAR is where its AT!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    227

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by RdRunnr12 View Post
    Those of us that are OTS and haven't been to the academy have no idea what to study. Studying a map means nothing if you don't know what you're looking at or looking for. Also, they tell you not to study for your facility while you are in OKC so you can focus on making it through that.
    http://www.stuckmic.com/atc-informat...lications.html

    Yea your right......I keep forgeting you guys are OTS and still have to go through the school....
    CTO and TRACON Ticket from NAVY.
    11/23/09 - Honorable Discharge
    03/04/10 - CTO Referral CA, NV
    03/05/10 - VRA Referral OR *WA state wasn't hiring*
    04/01/10 - Reject for VRA and CTO
    10/06/10 - VRA Referral, OR
    12/15/10 - Intrview
    02/11/11 - TOL=P80
    02/14/11 - Drug Test
    02/22/11 - Med. Exam
    03/03/11 - MMPI-2
    04/05/11 - All clear
    04/19/11 - Verb told Class date =)
    04/26/11 - FOL 7/14RTF

  11. #31
    MikeATC's Avatar
    Retired FAA, NATCA Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Facts: After you get to your facility you will have up to three months of classroom training. Before you get your first pay increase you have to certify on at least two control positions (Centers: 2 D sides, Towers: Ground and Local, Approach: two control positions). Training on these positions can take 6 months to over a year depending on how sharp of an indvidual you are.

  12. #32
    nShadowsong's Avatar
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguynamedzach View Post
    I'm going to ERAU too. But makin money and bein above the competition and getting CPC has to be number 1. If I was going to ZSE I would be studying the airspace and tryin to figure out as much info as I can. Lookin up maps of airports basically the entire state of WA oregon and the northern part of CALI... My friend in the FAA says all his Trainees suck and don't study. He said they want to be spoon fed everything. Eventually he thinks they will be released. Just him saying that I wouldn't want anyone to think that i'm a sucky trainee and don't know shit....Do you get a bonus for having a BS in PA? If so..then hell yea I would be tryin to finish up that degree with the quickness...

    That's so funny, my dad (a controller there) says the same thing. It's like a general trend with most of the trainees at ZLA- they don't study and expect that the trainer will always supply them the answers on the spot, and they keep gettin more hours to train even when they've run out. He tells me the trainees work with different trainers at times, so it's very frustrating for the trainers to build upon the training when the trainee never remembers anything.

    But about studying up the facilities in/around WA, that is great advice! Then you can get on LiveATC.net and hear some controllers speak.

    I keep hearing that the chances of gettin into ZSE is really low, since they don't hire very much and also there are a lot of bids for that facility. I really want to get into ZSE, but shouldn't get discouraged.

  13. #33
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    I am gonna be there in about 3 weeks, anyone have the facility managers number so I can get a tour? If so I'll PM you.

  14. #34
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Hi all, you can usually find my big mouth at JC but SM seems to be more lively. I'm from PUBNAT 2, just got cleared for training before ZSE. I agree with the poster recommending areas outside Auburn, Seattle, Tacoma, and I would add the heart of Federal Way. Covington/Maple Valley area is a fairly nice area to live without being too far away. There is little criminal activity and the areas are fairly well kept. Good luck guys, hope to see you there!

  15. #35
    Niagra19's Avatar
    "Murphy"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    664

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaj View Post
    Hi all, you can usually find my big mouth at JC but SM seems to be more lively. I'm from PUBNAT 2, just got cleared for training before ZSE. I agree with the poster recommending areas outside Auburn, Seattle, Tacoma, and I would add the heart of Federal Way. Covington/Maple Valley area is a fairly nice area to live without being too far away. There is little criminal activity and the areas are fairly well kept. Good luck guys, hope to see you there!
    you got cleared for training before ZSE?? does that mean you are cleared to go to training in OKC, you are clear from training in OKC and on your way to ZSE, or something else. Just trying to pick up what you're puttin' down.

    Welcome to SM!!
    07.31.08~ P5 (applied 5-8)
    01.10.09~ AT-SAT (Covina,CA) 96.2
    03.27.09~ Geo-Pref emails (5 AZ,NC)(6 NC,AZ)
    06.03.09~ Panel Selection -ZSE
    06.16.09~ Interview at ZAB
    07.20.09~ TOL
    08.03.09~ ATL PEPC
    CURRENT~ waiting . . . .agian

  16. #36
    CirrusDriver's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    78

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Hey... Did anyone else just get an interview e-mail from C.M. the ZSE secretary?

  17. #37
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Sowwy, just the normal cleared to go to OKC

  18. #38
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    Awesome, thanks. I am gonna call sometime this week, and see whats up.

  19. #39
    CirrusDriver's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    78

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    They just called me today. I am interviewing next Tuesday.

  20. #40
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55

    Re: Seattle Center - ZSE

    I wonder how many people beat me in seniority waiting for the MMPI results sad times.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •