FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS - Page 2

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 166
  1. #21
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    101

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    for the drug tests, do they make it easy on you and just send you to labcorp or quest or do thy require you go to a specific place?

  2. #22
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    82

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by kemikal12 View Post
    for the drug tests, do they make it easy on you and just send you to labcorp or quest or do thy require you go to a specific place?
    I did not get any of those, and I'm in the metro Atlanta area... got some no name place I never heard of. But same concept... just a contractor lab.

  3. #23
    usaftmomike's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    196

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by kemikal12 View Post
    for the drug tests, do they make it easy on you and just send you to labcorp or quest or do thy require you go to a specific place?
    Just got done with mine...they asked for my zip and then said "Arrow Health is where you need to go" and then asked what day/time I wanted to go. So...at least for me, it was a specific place to go to.

  4. #24
    freshav8tor's Avatar
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    My sample is on its way for testing

  5. #25
    686
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Did the TOL come in an actual letter or did it come in an email? When I called they said that we would receive an email.

    Also are they giving people anymore information than the region? Kind of hard to plan your life if all you know is you are going somewhere in the "west" or "central," etc.

  6. #26
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    180

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by 686 View Post
    Did the TOL come in an actual letter or did it come in an email? When I called they said that we would receive an email.

    Also are they giving people anymore information than the region? Kind of hard to plan your life if all you know is you are going somewhere in the "west" or "central," etc.
    1. Email

    2. You don't even get the region, I believe. All you know is whether you will be terminal or en-route. You find out your location at some point during the academy.

    Yes, it is difficult to plan, but it is just something you gotta go with if you want the position. I too am a bit uneasy not knowing where I would be going if I pass the academy but you get over it if you want the job enough. Assuming I pass the pre-employment checks, I just plan to pack as much as I can (clothes, computer, keepsakes and things (or I'll ship them to family to hold on to), and that's about it), move to OKC, and, assuming I pass, start over fresh in wherever I'm told to go. But, that said, it sure would be nice if there was more advance notice, but such is life.

  7. #27
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    I'm assuming that I am not the only one about to have a conversation with their boss about being contacted for the security clearance. Any pointers? This is going to be fun..

  8. #28
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    180

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by jsomer View Post
    I'm assuming that I am not the only one about to have a conversation with their boss about being contacted for the security clearance. Any pointers? This is going to be fun..
    Oh damn....I didn't even think about them contacting your employer. I was just planning on telling them once I got my FOL. Huh....

  9. #29
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    41

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by freshav8tor View Post
    My sample is on its way for testing
    How long did you have to send in a sample? I'm asking for a friend, because he's worried that he won't have enough notice to detox.

  10. #30
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAway26 View Post
    Oh damn....I didn't even think about them contacting your employer. I was just planning on telling them once I got my FOL. Huh....
    Yeah I don't know if it's required or not but my current employer is my best reference.

  11. #31
    freshav8tor's Avatar
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by walsh1916 View Post
    How long did you have to send in a sample? I'm asking for a friend, because he's worried that he won't have enough notice to detox.
    LOL... well your friend has 5 days from the day he receives his TOL. IMO He shouldn't mess with this career if he's into that game.

  12. #32
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    56

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Not to lecture but...doesn't sound like he's serious about this career if he's into that. There are plenty of people that would kill to be in his shoes with this opportunity and that's just a slap in the face. Just my 2 cents.

  13. #33
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bkv6290 View Post
    Is the drug test for tols a hair test or pee test
    Pee test. If you're worried about it though, I'd be worried about more than that.

  14. #34
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    158

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bkv6290 View Post
    No worries just wanna make sure I cross my t's and dot my i's
    You're the same person that asked if it was a piss test or hair in another thread....crossing t's and dotting i's my ass. You are a retard. Have fun lying on your security clearance...

  15. #35
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    I am an international flight attendant until this all goes through, still waiting on my tol but I'm concerned if they send it and I'm overseas on a trip that I won't be able to make the deadline. Is there any number I can call to ask about this? I will quit my job now if I think it will interfere with my chances in atc

  16. #36
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    390

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie.bailer View Post
    I am an international flight attendant until this all goes through, still waiting on my tol but I'm concerned if they send it and I'm overseas on a trip that I won't be able to make the deadline. Is there any number I can call to ask about this? I will quit my job now if I think it will interfere with my chances in atc
    I believe the number to aviation careers is 405-954-4657.

  17. #37
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye10 View Post
    I believe the number to aviation careers is 405-954-4657.
    thank you!

  18. #38
    Newcomer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Got some good info on my call. You only have to SCHEDULE the drug test within 5 days. The groups were randomly pulled, not based on atsat scores. The groups mean nothing only there to regulate how many people are doing the medical stuff at a time. Enroute or terminal is randomly selected for you. Your location won't be given until completion or near completion of academy. You may know this stuff or not, just figured I'd share the info I got.

  19. #39
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southwest, FL
    Posts
    174

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    If anyone is having issues with EQIP, they told me that they can't notify everyone when they can get into EQIP once they submit paperwork so to keep checking after you submit your TOL and all that initial paperwork.

  20. #40
    Aferggy's Avatar
    Trusted Contributor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    TimbucTOOOOOO
    Posts
    621
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: FEB 2014 OTS TOL HOLDERS

    Anyone want to share what forms (the form number ex. SF86) are required to be filled out in the initial TOL paperwork?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •