ERR MOU Change Campaign - Page 41

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 838
  1. #801
    nhstadt's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south "Murica
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Listen here ChiefRaciallyinsensitvename, If that's the case what are you trying to get hired for? Me personally, I ain't greedy, I'll take my healthy middle/upper middle class wages and pension (if it lasts thanks to your boy) and laugh my way to the bank while the wall street bros and Oil flunkies deal with the boom or bust markets. anyone with half a brain can get a bachelors- that's the college racket- some are more fortunate than others in what comes afterwards, so be it. And talk about focus and dedication over a long period of time, wait until the if and when day you get on the job and spend your days separating airplanes for 25-35 years. You'll find if you are unlucky enough to have to stoop so low as to accept an offer from the wee little FAA that you won't find a more dedicated focused group of individuals than controllers. Your view point is obviously coming from someone who hasn't done the job, and doesn't have a valid opinion on the subject.

  2. #802
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    36

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by nhstadt View Post
    Listen here ChiefRaciallyinsensitvename, If that's the case what are you trying to get hired for? Me personally, I ain't greedy, I'll take my healthy middle/upper middle class wages and pension (if it lasts thanks to your boy) and laugh my way to the bank while the wall street bros and Oil flunkies deal with the boom or bust markets. anyone with half a brain can get a bachelors- that's the college racket- some are more fortunate than others in what comes afterwards, so be it. And talk about focus and dedication over a long period of time, wait until the if and when day you get on the job and spend your days separating airplanes for 25-35 years. You'll find if you are unlucky enough to have to stoop so low as to accept an offer from the wee little FAA that you won't find a more dedicated focused group of individuals than controllers. Your view point is obviously coming from someone who hasn't done the job, and doesn't have a valid opinion on the subject.
    Another strawman. The reason why I'm here in the first place is because even if I had to opportunity to work on wall street, I would choose ATC. There are pros and cons to any profession. I am in no way saying one profession is better than another. That depends on many factors personal to each individual. Idk why you're even arguing that point because your entire post is hypocritical. You're telling me to stop posting because I don't have a valid opinion but 50% of your post talks about a random bachelors degree and a topic you clearly don't understand or respect. There is a small amount of luck getting into a top tier financial position but that is spawned through extremely hard work. You want to talk about people being more fortunate than others as a way to discount the guys on wallstreet but won't apply that same thought to the hiring process of the FAA? C'mon now LOL. I have the utmost respect for controllers and wish to be one by the end of the current bid. You should educate yourself and learn to respect the guys who have excelled above and beyond where we are so you can understand where we are placed in the grand scheme of things.

    For the 50 millionth time, I'll spell it out for you again. All I'm saying is it is extremely annoying to see the unjustified superiority complex I have found consistent within this forum. My message may or may not pertain to you. Its hypocritical when someone posts something along the lines of "I wish the FAA would let me choose where I can work" and there's a gang of people flaming him for thinking hes a special snowflake. Then a portion of the flamers turning around with a passive aggressive response along the lines of "ARE YOU EVEN AN ATC BRO!?!?! WHATS UR IQ." I've seen a flavor of this in pretty much every thread longer than 10 pages. In fact, your post is related to what I'm talking about right now. But there is nobody talking about the blatant hypocrisy here.

    If you want to talk about bright minds, intellectual ability, dedication to their work, etc. Collectively, we are a joke compared to the workforce behind Wall Street Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, and the top tier Management Consulting businesses within the scope of my argument. In the grand scheme of things we are nothing special, and I wanted to point out how annoying it is when I see someone projecting their false status through this forum.

  3. #803
    NovemberEcho's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,379

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    While I agree the whole IQ argument was rather silly (I've met some pretty dumb controllers, (NH is from Oklahoma...) MOST people were aggravated about another person who checked the little box saying they'd be willing to work anywhere, but aren't. They waste time, and really do potentially take a slot away from someone else. Probably not permanently, but that difference could be worth thousands of dollars or a more desirable facility for someone else. Wait, dammit, I think I'm in the wrong thread.

  4. #804
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    205

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Keyboard warriors. Y'all need to quit wasting your own time and everyone else's.

  5. #805
    phillyman2633's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSlapahoe View Post
    If you want to talk about bright minds, intellectual ability, dedication to their work, etc. Collectively, we are a joke compared to the workforce behind Wall Street Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, and the top tier Management Consulting businesses within the scope of my argument. In the grand scheme of things we are nothing special, and I wanted to point out how annoying it is when I see someone projecting their false status through this forum.
    Wait...so you're saying we're arguing against a straw man (excellent repeated use of the term! I really felt inferior there for a moment) , then continue to push this garbage? Man, I'd love to see how long you last when you tell your trainers that you think their boom-or-bust hedge fund manager jizzes more IQ than their wee little ATC intellects could muster so you can shuffle back to your other headset job at Wendy's. Come watch the night push at Kennedy and tell me all about how smart Steve from Merrill Lynch is and how he thinks Bitcoin is trash. I bet you couldn't separate your nutsack from your thigh on a hot summer day.

  6. #806
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    490

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSlapahoe View Post
    Another strawman. The reason why I'm here in the first place is because even if I had to opportunity to work on wall street, I would choose ATC. There are pros and cons to any profession. I am in no way saying one profession is better than another. That depends on many factors personal to each individual. Idk why you're even arguing that point because your entire post is hypocritical. You're telling me to stop posting because I don't have a valid opinion but 50% of your post talks about a random bachelors degree and a topic you clearly don't understand or respect. There is a small amount of luck getting into a top tier financial position but that is spawned through extremely hard work. You want to talk about people being more fortunate than others as a way to discount the guys on wallstreet but won't apply that same thought to the hiring process of the FAA? C'mon now LOL. I have the utmost respect for controllers and wish to be one by the end of the current bid. You should educate yourself and learn to respect the guys who have excelled above and beyond where we are so you can understand where we are placed in the grand scheme of things.

    For the 50 millionth time, I'll spell it out for you again. All I'm saying is it is extremely annoying to see the unjustified superiority complex I have found consistent within this forum. My message may or may not pertain to you. Its hypocritical when someone posts something along the lines of "I wish the FAA would let me choose where I can work" and there's a gang of people flaming him for thinking hes a special snowflake. Then a portion of the flamers turning around with a passive aggressive response along the lines of "ARE YOU EVEN AN ATC BRO!?!?! WHATS UR IQ." I've seen a flavor of this in pretty much every thread longer than 10 pages. In fact, your post is related to what I'm talking about right now. But there is nobody talking about the blatant hypocrisy here.

    If you want to talk about bright minds, intellectual ability, dedication to their work, etc. Collectively, we are a joke compared to the workforce behind Wall Street Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, and the top tier Management Consulting businesses within the scope of my argument. In the grand scheme of things we are nothing special, and I wanted to point out how annoying it is when I see someone projecting their false status through this forum.
    I literally just shit my pants. Ever worked bro?

  7. #807
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    61

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    I don't know many controllers who waste their time trolling people on stucmic. I thought that was for cti kids who know everything about Atc before they have even stepped foot in the academy. You guys are embarrassing yourselves.

  8. #808
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    205

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by pjrm82 View Post
    I don't know many controllers who waste their time trolling people on stucmic. I thought that was for cti kids who know everything about Atc before they have even stepped foot in the academy. You guys are embarrassing yourselves.
    Thank you for this. Summed up perfectly.

  9. #809
    phillyman2633's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by pjrm82 View Post
    I don't know many controllers who waste their time trolling people on stucmic. I thought that was for cti kids who know everything about Atc before they have even stepped foot in the academy. You guys are embarrassing yourselves.

  10. #810
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    490

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by pjrm82 View Post
    I don't know many controllers who waste their time trolling people on stucmic. I thought that was for cti kids who know everything about Atc before they have even stepped foot in the academy. You guys are embarrassing yourselves.
    You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

  11. #811
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    36

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyman2633 View Post
    Wait...so you're saying we're arguing against a straw man (excellent repeated use of the term! I really felt inferior there for a moment) , then continue to push this garbage? Man, I'd love to see how long you last when you tell your trainers that you think their boom-or-bust hedge fund manager jizzes more IQ than their wee little ATC intellects could muster so you can shuffle back to your other headset job at Wendy's. Come watch the night push at Kennedy and tell me all about how smart Steve from Merrill Lynch is and how he thinks Bitcoin is trash. I bet you couldn't separate your nutsack from your thigh on a hot summer day.
    Yeh, I've had to repeat the term strawman because even after I pointed it out, you guys continue to argue about an example I used that I guess TRIGGERED half the people on this forum while neglecting my actual argument. Somewhat ironic when we are on the topic of intellectual ability, don't you think? I continue to push that example because nobody that replied to me had a decent understanding of that industry while completely disrespecting the workforce behind that industry.

    Its cute you think I'm going to project my opinions from the macro scale of the ATC workforce on an individual basis if/when I get to the academy/facility. Shows your ability to comprehend what I've been saying this whole time. Its funny because using the logic I'm seeing here used against me, you guys think pro gamers are "smarter" than people that made it onto Wall Street.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaOsprey View Post
    I literally just shit my pants. Ever worked bro?
    Yeh I work. I haven't even graduated college yet and my current job pays more than starting salary of Level 11 and 12 CPC's. I'm not even gonna go into how much more buying power I currently have over starting CPC's.

  12. #812
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    35

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSlapahoe View Post
    Yeh, I've had to repeat the term strawman because even after I pointed it out, you guys continue to argue about an example I used that I guess TRIGGERED half the people on this forum while neglecting my actual argument. Somewhat ironic when we are on the topic of intellectual ability, don't you think? I continue to push that example because nobody that replied to me had a decent understanding of that industry while completely disrespecting the workforce behind that industry.

    Its cute you think I'm going to project my opinions from the macro scale of the ATC workforce on an individual basis if/when I get to the academy/facility. Shows your ability to comprehend what I've been saying this whole time. Its funny because using the logic I'm seeing here used against me, you guys think pro gamers are "smarter" than people that made it onto Wall Street.



    Yeh I work. I haven't even graduated college yet and my current job pays more than starting salary of Level 11 and 12 CPC's. I'm not even gonna go into how much more buying power I currently have over starting CPC's.
    damn broooo! How much Coke do you slang?

  13. #813
    ajmezz's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,809

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSlapahoe View Post
    you guys think pro gamers are "smarter" than people that made it onto Wall Street.
    As a former pro gamer, I resemble that remark. Wait, resent? Rescind? You know what I mean Chief.


    Why do you want to give up that bank to do atc? Gonna get stuck making half of that for a long time anyways. Unless you go enroute. Then you'll be big poppa again.

  14. #814
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    36

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ajmezz View Post
    As a former pro gamer, I resemble that remark. Wait, resent? Rescind? You know what I mean Chief.


    Why do you want to give up that bank to do atc? Gonna get stuck making half of that for a long time anyways. Unless you go enroute. Then you'll be big poppa again.
    Same fam. What game did you play??

    Well the main reason I get paid more is because I am tax exempt at my current job. So while my salary is lower, my paychecks are bigger. Factor in how much cheaper cost of living is where I live compared to CONUS and yeh, I'll be taking a sizeable cut like you mentioned. I didn't realize how much of a difference income tax made because being tax exempt is the only thing I've had to deal with. I crunched the numbers the other day and realized how much income tax takes from your paycheck. If I get enroute, I'll go 100%, still not 100% on terminal but I most likely will go ATC cause that's what I've always wanted to be. I'd rather work in the aviation industry than IT as a general matter.

    I brought up my pay not to brag at all and I can see how it seemed like I was bragging. Its nothing to brag about. I brought it up because people used ATC pay against my argument and I just wanted to point out its nothing special like I see some people talking about. Yes, I do know how it is a secure government job with benefits and a pension along with a relatively high salary.

  15. #815
    lookitsroadie's Avatar
    Trusted Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    360

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Good talk.

  16. #816
    ajmezz's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,809

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSlapahoe View Post
    Same fam. What game did you play??

    I brought up my pay not to brag at all and I can see how it seemed like I was bragging. Its nothing to brag about. I brought it up because people used ATC pay against my argument and I just wanted to point out its nothing special like I see some people talking about. Yes, I do know how it is a secure government job with benefits and a pension along with a relatively high salary.
    Counter-strike Source in the CGS (this was back in 2007). It was fun, but once it became a "job," the appeal wore off. Didn't help that I was working full time while at home as well.

    It's a secure government job for now. Who knows how that will change in the future with privatization being pushed onto the field. It will probably still be a pretty lucrative job though.

  17. #817
    Jax
    Jax's Avatar
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    N90-EWR
    Posts
    867

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by NovemberEcho View Post
    i actually work with a guy, real pro-NATCA but rather loud and obnoxious, says he voted Trump because us new guys need to go through a White Book era to see how important the union is.
    Who is that? PM me!

  18. #818
    Rookie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    36

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ajmezz View Post
    Counter-strike Source in the CGS (this was back in 2007). It was fun, but once it became a "job," the appeal wore off. Didn't help that I was working full time while at home as well.

    It's a secure government job for now. Who knows how that will change in the future with privatization being pushed onto the field. It will probably still be a pretty lucrative job though.
    Same with me bro. I played league competitively and maybe 6 months before I joined a team, I started boosting accounts and that's when the game turned sour. I hate that game now.

  19. #819
    phillyman2633's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Who is that? PM me!
    Damn N90 controllers gossiping like schoolgirls! Lolz

  20. #820
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: ERR MOU Change Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyman2633 View Post
    Damn N90 controllers gossiping like schoolgirls! Lolz
    Sounds like they are getting too many breaks....

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •