Too Fat to Fly

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

 

I Disappear When You Log In - Register

^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Too Fat to Fly

  1. #1
    Xenon's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    184

  2. #2
    phillyman2633's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    The article doesn't skew towards a pilot being "Too Fat to Fly," it's that many people who are that overweight tend to have some form of sleep apnea present. This should have always been on the AME's checklist for issuing a medical, since the Flight Physical is a 1-on-1 anyway. The I'M SAFE checklist is supposed to be performed prior to every flight, and conceivably someone with sleep apnea would probably fail that self-checklist more often than not.

  3. #3
    nhstadt's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south "Murica
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Look at you with your "safety" and "checklists".

    Loser. You think Wiley Post used the IM SAFE checklist? hell no. That dude hopped in a biplane and flew into barns yo.

  4. #4
    charliezuluatc
    Unregistered

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Their logic is flawed. If you have a BMI of 40 you will be checked for sleep apnea. If you have a bmi of 40, I seriously doubt you will even fit in the cockpit, let alone the seat. Then they want to eventually move down to a bmi of 30. Then they want to check controllers. Where will they find the funding and the time to do such.
    Reminds me years ago, a local flight surgeon failed people who took statins because the doctor had a side effect.

  5. #5
    GUYONABUFFALO's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    I've got a checklist. Spectacles, testicles , wallet and watch.

  6. #6
    SirMario's Avatar
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    809

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Its time to hit the gym and start cumming day and night!

  7. #7
    SirMario's Avatar
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    809

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Would be nice if Fox news reported on the hiring freeze instead...

  8. #8
    NovemberEcho's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,379

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyman2633 View Post
    The article doesn't skew towards a pilot being "Too Fat to Fly," it's that many people who are that overweight tend to have some form of sleep apnea present. This should have always been on the AME's checklist for issuing a medical, since the Flight Physical is a 1-on-1 anyway. The I'M SAFE checklist is supposed to be performed prior to every flight, and conceivably someone with sleep apnea would probably fail that self-checklist more often than not.
    This is bullshit government interfering with my God-given right to fly/control without a good night sleep! Good thing I can open-carry to help convince that doc what to write!

  9. #9
    nhstadt's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south "Murica
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    ^^Zimmerman's personal pilot^^

  10. #10
    SirMario's Avatar
    Senior Analyst

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    809

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by nhstadt View Post
    ^^Zimmerman's personal pilot^^
    That guy is just bad at life!!!

  11. #11
    nhstadt's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south "Murica
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Nah he's just one of those people who should never own a gun because he thinks its a cure for a miniscule dick and no balls, or brain for that matter.

  12. #12
    Xenon's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    184

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    the reason for the title is this Too fat to fly | Fox News Video

  13. #13
    phillyman2633's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by NovemberEcho View Post
    This is bullshit government interfering with my God-given right to fly/control without a good night sleep! Good thing I can open-carry to help convince that doc what to write!
    NE, you can just chew on a bag of dicks hahah and eff open carry. I mean it should be allowed if you wanna, but guess who's getting shot first when someone decides to go apeshit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    the reason for the title is this Too fat to fly | Fox News Video
    That's BS, inflammatory reporting then, looking for shock views more than anything. F you Fox News. Right after I'm done effing ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN/MSNBC/LOL/OMG

  14. #14
    bernelong's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Windsor, MD
    Posts
    197

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    I would like to see the FAA implement basic fitness standards. Healthier people are happier people.

  15. #15
    nhstadt's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south "Murica
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by bernelong View Post
    I would like to see the FAA implement basic fitness standards. Healthier people are happier people.
    Hahahahaha..... Ya, That'll happen.

  16. #16
    GUYONABUFFALO's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Unless you can relate being "fit" to being a better pilot or controller that isnt going to happen. This isnt 1982.

  17. #17
    phillyman2633's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by bernelong View Post
    I would like to see the FAA implement basic fitness standards. Healthier people are happier people.
    HA. NH is going to hell in a handbasket for his rampant abuse of Marlboro Lights and Coors Original

  18. #18
    bernelong's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Windsor, MD
    Posts
    197

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by nhstadt View Post
    Hahahahaha..... Ya, That'll happen.
    I don't think it's out of the question actually. Unhealthy people become a liability at some point.

  19. #19
    nhstadt's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south "Murica
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyman2633 View Post
    HA. NH is going to hell in a handbasket for his rampant abuse of Marlboro Lights and Coors Original
    Ya I'm pretty well screwed then huh?

  20. #20
    nhstadt's Avatar
    Epic Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south "Murica
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Too Fat to Fly

    Quote Originally Posted by bernelong View Post
    I don't think it's out of the question actually. Unhealthy people become a liability at some point.
    Ya when your fatass gets heart disease and you can't pass a medical cause they think you are gonna keel over on the scopes. this already exists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •