02/01/2010 Basics

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
I just recieved my FOL for February 1st. Since I am OTS this is going to be basics to start. I am heading to CVG after OKC. I know it's 2 months out, but anyone else get this date? :)

guitarman710

Jan 1, 2009
Apex, NC
Feb. 1st Enroute Basics Cancelled

Oh man...I was getting so pumped for this. So, I called today to try and get more details on my Feb. 1st start date and was told that it was cancelled. I am not sure of a new date yet as my rep said that she does not have the next soonest new Basics class date available to her yet. I am itching to get that date! Anyone had this experience yet and if so, have you found out your new date yet?

nja0423

May 4, 2009
Re: Feb. 1st Enroute Basics Cancelled

yep....me too....sucks. I was march 5 cause I'm CTI and now she told me she has to figure out whats going on and where to stick me. great.

Last edited:

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009
Re: February 1st basics

I called my rep today and was told Feb 1. I'm Terminal, CAK. I'm actually visiting a friend in Okie City right now, so I visited Kim's place and decided it was the way to go.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009

I guess we won't have enroute people with us at the basics, granted the "Feb 1 enroute canceled thingie".

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati

It doesn't seem like there are many of us so far. I imagine we might have a few more terminal people when it gets closer to the date. But anyway, we will have to have a meet up for sure. And help each other out with study groups.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009

You get anything yet about updating your drug test? I think I need to do that but haven't received anything so far after being told my date.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati

I did my drug test refresher over a month ago. I was initially told I was selected for January 12th class, and they wouldn't get me a FOL until I took it again. I would contact your HR rep or their assistant and see if they can get you scheduled.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009

She gave me a phone number and is having me do my drug refresher. She also said no FOLs will go out until the 15th of Jan.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati

She gave me a phone number and is having me do my drug refresher. She also said no FOLs will go out until the 15th of Jan.
I already have my FOL. I've had it since 12/4/09. But I had already did my drug refresher before that. Before Thanksgiving even.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009

I'm just glad I'm terminal. It really looks like the enroute guys are getting hosed.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati

I'm just glad I'm terminal. It really looks like the enroute guys are getting hosed.
Yeah I feel the same way. But I didn't even put enroute as a choice. I wanted to do terminal. I like the idea of being able to see the planes. Well unless I would have went to an all tracon facility lol

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009

Am I the only one who is afraid our class date will get changed at the last minute? Maybe I'm just paranoid by everything happening to everyone.

rmh151

Rookie
Apr 29, 2009

I am paranoid about that too. But they cancelled my original one already (1/12) so I am hoping this one sticks. I have the ability to hold my job until they day before class so I am ok.

See you guy's at Kim's place. Should be a good time. And it sounds like all of us are pilots too, which can't hurt.

Am I the only one who is afraid our class date will get changed at the last minute? Maybe I'm just paranoid by everything happening to everyone.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati

I am paranoid about that too. But they cancelled my original one already (1/12) so I am hoping this one sticks. I have the ability to hold my job until they day before class so I am ok.

See you guy's at Kim's place. Should be a good time. And it sounds like all of us are pilots too, which can't hurt.
I'm not a pilot...I'm the odd man out.

tinkluver

Rookie
Jun 11, 2009

Hello internet forum!

I am going to OKC in February and wondering if anyone wants to room with me and save the per diem money? I am looking at places on craigslist and have found some very nice 2 and 3 bdrm furnished places for around $600-900 a month. Split 2 or 3 ways, that's at least $2000 a month we could be saving.

I will be bringing a car with me, so we can carpool...they look like they might be farther out than the places on here, but I'll wake up 30 minutes earlier for $2000 a month.

I have no qualms about living with someone from here, I guess I trust that the background checks from the FAA prove we're not completely raving lunatics.

I am a 26 yr old married female who likes to cook, just looking for a study-mate and to save some moola.

Post here or PM me so I can call some of these 2-3 bdrm places quickly, if anyone is interested.