02/01/2010 Basics

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Re: 02/01/10 Basics

Sorry for the confusion and bad news Sonic. Here's to hoping that the rep was wrong and the packet was right.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009

No new FOLs were going out before the 15th, that was universal and a FAA thing. I do not have a FOL. However, I received a welcome package Saturday. I imagine this was because I was slated for the 1 Feb class, but just got bumped last minute. My rep sent the e-mail. FOLs don't fix you to a class, they can still move you. Many many people get a class date and still don't get their FOL till a month or less before they leave.

To be honest nordo, stop worrying unless somebody posts "class is canceled" or you get something from your own rep. Relax man. :D

NORDO151

Rookie
Oct 27, 2009

No new FOLs were going out before the 15th, that was universal and a FAA thing. I do not have a FOL. However, I received a welcome package Saturday. I imagine this was because I was slated for the 1 Feb class, but just got bumped last minute. My rep sent the e-mail. FOLs don't fix you to a class, they can still move you. Many many people get a class date and still don't get their FOL till a month or less before they leave.

To be honest nordo, stop worrying unless somebody posts "class is canceled" or you get something from your own rep. Relax man. :D

You are right, I need to relax. I got cancelled once with FOL in hand but got an amended FOL very quickly. I am not alone in this FAA drama. I really hope you get scheduled quickly. Sorry for snapping, I just about flipped out when I started seeing all the emails and posts today. Packet in hand, FOL on paper, and crossing my fingers they know who I am on 2/1. Good luck and hope you can be there for your Dad.

tinkluver

Rookie
Jun 11, 2009

Got my packet yesterday too. Hope we all get there ok, and sonic, hope something happens soon for you and your family situation.

SBN

Newcomer
Jan 20, 2010
I was in basics this past summer. I am going back March 2 for Radar and I have a suggestion for those going to okc for the first time. Don't stay in one of the places that takes your housing per diem and covers everything. They take the 48.xx whatever is it per day and you get the 30 something for food that is left over. this comes out to be over 1300 per month each! Crazy expensive. I am looking to rent a house which will be so much larger than any apartment and can be split between two or three people. Houses can be rented for about 500-800 per month, then split three ways... you do the math. Take the entire 80+ from the FAA and pay for your housing out of pocket. you can save 1000 per month! Anyone interested in sharing a place I've researched a couple so let me know because I want to book something soon. Again, I will be there in March for 1 month.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009
It's official, I'm out. However, I'm not alone. It seems 4 people from my region just lost our class date. New classes will be available to us come April on.

Piper1

Newcomer
Feb 1, 2009
CMH
Sonicapolla-Sorry to hear its official. It would be nice if you were offered a class this spring...I'm crossing my fingers for you and I!

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
It's official, I'm out. However, I'm not alone. It seems 4 people from my region just lost our class date. New classes will be available to us come April on.
That's a bummer man, but hopefully it'll come quicker than you think. Good luck to ya, and hang in there.

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm going for basics on Feb 1, I'll be staying at Isola Bella... And really looking for study groups
Welcome to OKC and Isola Bella. You will have no problems finding a study group at Isola Bella. Day classes have study groups in evening; night classes have study groups during the day, and every buddy seems to have study groups on Saturday, at least until Happy Hour at 4PM. All these study groups do tend to interfer with golf at times:D

Cheers,:cheers:
The RedBaron