02/18/2011 Enroute Basics

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I thought I would start the thread. I am getting my drug refresh tomorrow followed by a FOL. I am headed to ZOA. Pubnat 5, TOL 06/2009 at the Chicago PEPC. I did not redirect....ZOA the whole time. I am driving to OKC from Seattle and plan to find a cheap place on craigslist and pocket my per diem.

GOCHIEFSAA

Newcomer
Dec 29, 2010
I'm hoping to be in this class as well. Refreshed medical & waiting on FOL, let me know if you hear anything. I'm also trying to find a cheap place let me know if you find any deals I'd really appreciate it, I'll do the same.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I'm hoping to be in this class as well. Refreshed medical & waiting on FOL, let me know if you hear anything. I'm also trying to find a cheap place let me know if you find any deals I'd really appreciate it, I'll do the same.
Will do! Where are you headed? When did you get your tol?

NewATCguy

Newcomer
Jan 24, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Looks like I am going to this class, drug test refresh done 11/21/2010 just waiting on a call and email from MG!! Will be going to ZDC, and looking forward to it. Currently live in the Northern VA area, PM me if you have questions about the area that is about all I know. I have no clue what to expect or what will be going on in OKC, but what the heck gotta have fun and learn a lot with it.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Hey, that's more federal service towards retirement.

You'll be bored -- and tired -- out of your minds the first day. The best part is the harassment video at the end, where you get to see about 42 different ways to harass someone. Post up your favorite one here, see if it's the same as ours.

If you want to get a head start on an important decision, figure out your health insurance so you can just get it out of the way with on day one. They let you see the forms via EODS beforehand, but it's one of the things requiring a wet signature. Check www.opm.gov/insure; there links somewhere on there. Health, dental and vision. May as well do life insurance too if you have the time; there's a calculator on there to help out.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I am going to carry my King County insurance through September but yeah I'm going to have to research that. It's hard to pick a carrier when you don't even live in the area to know if it is compatible with your provider.

Ross, do you have a car there? I was curious about some areas.

The area immediately east of Will Rogers and the area around NW 36th and Meridian?

I'm scouting housing online.

Thanks!!

pilotboywa

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised to find that my estimated class date of Mar. 28 turned out to be wrong. Looks like I'll be heading to OKC for this class with the rest of you. I got my drug refresh done last Thursday and should receive my FOL this week. Is this wait over yet? I'll be heading to ZOA redirected from ZSE.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I was pleasantly surprised to find that my estimated class date of Mar. 28 turned out to be wrong. Looks like I'll be heading to OKC for this class with the rest of you. I got my drug refresh done last Thursday and should receive my FOL this week. Is this wait over yet? I'll be heading to ZOA redirected from ZSE.
COOL! I live in Seattle now.....but I have always been on the list for ZOA.

I love Seattle....sad to leave.... I will miss the snow days like this morning...LOL

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
The area immediately east of Will Rogers and the area around NW 36th and Meridian?
I've hardly been around town; just around Kim's Place and between there and the Academy.

If you can give me some specific addresses, I'll see if I can't make it part of a grocery store run or something. PM me if you don't want it on an open forum.

GOCHIEFSAA

Newcomer
Dec 29, 2010
Who has been contacting all of you regarding this class date? I cannot get ahold of my HR rep she said she would be contacting me after the new year but may be sick or busy with new class, I have no idea. Just wondering how you are all being contacted. Thanks!

I refreshed everything in November/Dec and was hinted at that this would be the date so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I just got a call for this class date, and didn't give an answer. I have until tomorrow at noon to provide an answer. Pubnat 5 TOL AUG09 for ZSE, redirect thanks to the FAA to ZOA...

I just started a new semester in my masters program, and would be out over a grand in fees to quit school, plus the lack of lead time on the class date, and the fact that I need to sell our house, and move 3000 miles is making this decision very hard. To be honest, I gave up all hope for this job, and was looking elsewhere. So, I have a lot to think about over the next 17 hours...wish me luck.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I just got a call for this class date, and didn't give an answer. I have until tomorrow at noon to provide an answer. Pubnat 5 TOL AUG09 for ZSE, redirect thanks to the FAA to ZOA...

I just started a new semester in my masters program, and would be out over a grand in fees to quit school, plus the lack of lead time on the class date, and the fact that I need to sell our house, and move 3000 miles is making this decision very hard. To be honest, I gave up all hope for this job, and was looking elsewhere. So, I have a lot to think about over the next 17 hours...wish me luck.
So what did you decide?

Grant

Rookie
Nov 22, 2008
Los Angeles

The suspense is killing me. Don't leave us hanging. lol

shaba169

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2010

Well if you decided not to go shoot me a pm, i have TOL for ZOA and i'll be happy to switch class dates with you....im June 10th

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I'm on my way to Pee Test today :). I decided I just cannot pass up the opportunity for the best job in the world. No matter how much it might suck to move ;)

So I think I saw 3 people that are headed to ZOA with the same class date? Nice.

shaba169

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2010
I'm on my way to Pee Test today :). I decided I just cannot pass up the opportunity for the best job in the world. No matter how much it might suck to move ;)

So I think I saw 3 people that are headed to ZOA with the same class date? Nice.
Damm thought I was going to be able to quit my job this week....well good luck to ya let us know how it goes

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
Damm thought I was going to be able to quit my job this week....well good luck to ya let us know how it goes
lol. I honestly just think I was shocked they actually called. I had all but forgottem about this job. I'm starting to get excited. Just need to figure out where I'm staying.