02/18/2011 Enroute Basics

Lynz2529

Rookie
May 17, 2009
California
Hey everyone, it looks like I am going to this class as well. I did my drug refresh on wednesday and should get my FOL shortly! I can't wait! I am staying at Isola Bella.

NewATCguy

Newcomer
Jan 24, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I am really up in the air about the place I want to stay, I hear that IB is not the best place on the map, but that a lot of people pick it as other classmates are there. I am looking at the Candelwood.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I rented a 1 bedroom in Northwest OKC near N Penn. and I-44 for 520$ a month till the end of June.

I'm driving so I will have my car.

GOCHIEFSAA

Newcomer
Dec 29, 2010
Suppose to be attending this class as well and then headed to ZJX. Hope to get FOL in hand this week. Still looking at places to stay, how quickly do I need to secure a place if I stay at IB or Candlewood ? Am I running out of time or are they usually available anytime

mtlatc

Epic Member
Oct 17, 2008
In a bus down by the river!
Suppose to be attending this class as well and then headed to ZJX. Hope to get FOL in hand this week. Still looking at places to stay, how quickly do I need to secure a place if I stay at IB or Candlewood ? Am I running out of time or are they usually available anytime
At the risk of sounding like a recruiter, I'm sure Michael could get you in Bella.

Crimsonblue

Newcomer
Jan 5, 2011
Hello. I just received an email today that I was cleared to go to class. I think my class date is still 2/18, but it could be pushed back. I will also be going to ZOA. Any advice on where to stay? I'm thinking Isola Bella (can't pass up free food lol) And should I contact them ASAP? Thanks!

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
the cheapest liveable place sounds good to me.
Depends on your living situation.

I have minimal expenses at home so I can pay more out of pocket up front.

Look on craigslist... housing is affordable in OKC.

I found a 1 bedroom for 520$ a month. I can fit everything but a couch and tv in my car so that is all I will need to buy in OKC.

Somone who has expenses at home and has not saved up might want to use the Gov credit card somewhere.

Where are you headed?

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I was pleasantly surprised to find that my estimated class date of Mar. 28 turned out to be wrong. Looks like I'll be heading to OKC for this class with the rest of you. I got my drug refresh done last Thursday and should receive my FOL this week. Is this wait over yet? I'll be heading to ZOA redirected from ZSE.
Where are you coming from? I live in Seattle and plan to drive to OKC.

bkoopman

Jan 9, 2011
Alpine, UT
Depends on your living situation.

I have minimal expenses at home so I can pay more out of pocket up front.

Look on craigslist... housing is affordable in OKC.

I found a 1 bedroom for 520$ a month. I can fit everything but a couch and tv in my car so that is all I will need to buy in OKC.

Somone who has expenses at home and has not saved up might want to use the Gov credit card somewhere.

Where are you headed?

I just have a TOL waiting for my FOL after my background is completed. I will be looking at craiglist when I get my official date. Thanks for your advise

pilotboywa

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2009
Where are you coming from? I live in Seattle and plan to drive to OKC.
I live in Utah right now. I'll be driving down there with my family. I am married and have a four year old and a six year old. Right now I am planning on staying at Kim's Place. I'm still waiting for my official FOL before I make any firm plans though.

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I live in Utah right now. I'll be driving down there with my family. I am married and have a four year old and a six year old. Right now I am planning on staying at Kim's Place. I'm still waiting for my official FOL before I make any firm plans though.
You taking the kids out of school?

I'm gonna stay at Kim's if she has room. I am just waiting for my FOL.