02/18/2011 Enroute Basics

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
Yeah. Except you're living behind barbed wire.
Awesome, bars on the windows too?

Makes me feel at home :) I'm from Detroit.

Btw, I am okay having barbed wire and bars on the windows in OKC so that I don't end up living in a cardboard box when I get to the Bay Area :)

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I already reserved a 1 bedroom 0 bath cardboard box from an old refrigerator for my family in the Bay Area. Should be SWEET!

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
Anyone get their package from Fed-Ex yet? Everytime the Fed-Ex truck drives by my house I jump up and act like a school girl. Then cry myself to sleep when it doesn't stop. :(

Climber27J

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Spring, TX
I was given my FOL just two days ago so I haven't gotten it yet either. Probably in the next couple days, although I'm out of town over the weekend so I'm hoping to get it tomorrow to review on my flights on Sat and Sun!

pilotboywa

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2009
I really hope mine comes tomorrow because I am planning on leaving here on Monday morning. I don't want to delay my departure because I haven't received it.

Climber27J

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Spring, TX
I really hope mine comes tomorrow because I am planning on leaving here on Monday morning. I don't want to delay my departure because I haven't received it.
You're leaving that early for OKC? I'm giving myself an extra day just in case of delays on the road but I can't afford to stay a week before class at $50/night or so!

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I'm not leaving until Thursday. We gave serious child care issues here, so I have to stay as long as possible.

pilotboywa

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2009
We are driving, so that will take a couple of days as it is. But I have a friend that lives a in Kansas that I haven't seen in a while, it will be an extra couple hours drive, but we are staying with him for a couple of days. I will be arriving in OKC on Thursday evening. At least the weather is looking good all next week, that shouldn't slow us up at all.

Climber27J

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Spring, TX
Oh that's cool. I hope you enjoy the drive! I'm not one for driving so my solo7 hour ride will kind of suck but I may stop in and have lunch and/or check out FlexJet dispatch/system control with an old dispatch coworker of mine when I pass through Dallas.

Feel free to let me know when you're in OKC! I'm off to CA this weekend to see my sons for the last time in 4+ months :( If I can get my laptop motherboard replaced in OKC at least I may be able to see them via Skype!

TRFlax

Rookie
Feb 3, 2011
Well wait a second......I'm getting scared. Everyone's in the 2/18 class and only like 2 people are in the 3/28 one that i've read. What if that awful thing happens........what if my 3/28 class gets cancelled?:nopity:

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
Well wait a second......I'm getting scared. Everyone's in the 2/18 class and only like 2 people are in the 3/28 one that i've read. What if that awful thing happens........what if my 3/28 class gets cancelled?:nopity:
Don't sweat it. There should be more people joing you soon. We're still a month and a half out from that date. I'm hoping I'll be sneaking in that one, myself. I don't want to wait until April!

Take a look at when this thread started, about the same amount of days from the class start date as we're talking about. It'll be fine!

ned_pepper

Rookie
May 24, 2009
Im leaving thursday morning from Houston, i should be at Isola Bella thursday night. I still havent received my packet.

Climber27J

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Spring, TX
I received my packet before I left for work so I'm going through it now. Good luck on the drive up! I'm packing up Monday and Tuesday, attending my last fire department training that night (until I get back), then heading out Wed morning from Houston.

Climber27J

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Spring, TX
Hell it's 7+ for me but I hate driving. Texas drivers suck and I do love my car but it's got sport tuned suspension (which in car talk means "pratically no suspension") and aftermarket 18" wheels so it won't be the most comfy drive I've ever done. C'est la vie!

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I don't mind driving thankfully, and my Acura runs pretty smooth. But my back will be in shambles after that drive. All worth it in the end.

The drive from okc to Oakland will be even worse...pending graduation that is ;)