03/27/2014 Tower

AlphaRomeo

Trusted Member
Oct 12, 2009
Man that's cool they are booking that far out. Where you heading and what panel were u selected on?

AlphaRomeo

Trusted Member
Oct 12, 2009
3 of my friends are in a febuary 18th tower class I'm pretty sure. All 3 are going to michigan. 2 to Grand Rapids.

password

Oct 19, 2011
I was redirected from ZMA to .... I was offered a facility (tower) and accepted it but am still waiting on the paperwork. I was told before end of feb because my medical expires so hopefully I will know this week!

(don't want to say where until it is official)

john

Rookie
Feb 1, 2011
Going to KSDF. Selected in March 2012. I was offered earlier dates but I am currently deployed and wouldn't be home in time so HR offered a me one a little later.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I drove when I went to the Academy both times. First time was almost exactly 1500 miles each way, second time was 1200 miles each way.

john

Rookie
Feb 1, 2011
I drove when I went to the Academy both times. First time was almost exactly 1500 miles each way, second time was 1200 miles each way.
Thanks for the advice guys. My circumstances however are not going to allow me to drive, oh well I have been the last 9 months in the desert without a personal vehicle so I think I can make it another 6 weeks.

KevH

Feb 21, 2014
Just got the call today for this date. Going to AGC (Allegheny Airport, PA). I was told by HR there is another person in this class also going to AGC. If you're on this board feel free to PM me.

KevH

Feb 21, 2014
Hey SierraLGolf! Given that AGC is a level 5 I was surprised when HR told me someone else was going there and in the same academy class. That's great that we'll be in the academy at the same time though, and I'm looking forward to AGC! I'm coming from flight service and also in the ANG as a controller out of JST (Johnstown, PA). Flight service was a really good job, but unfortunately it seems like the writing is on the wall for that line of work. Sent you a PM. Looking forward to meeting everyone else, too.

ZEBRA

Sep 24, 2013
Just out of curiosity, how long did you guys have your TOLs for PA for? Did you network at all, or just end up with AGC?