03/28/11 Basics

Grant

Rookie
Nov 22, 2008
Los Angeles
Re: 3/28/11 Enroute Basics

I received mine on Friday after my drug refresh came back.

Now Im just trying to figure out if Im flying or driving from California, and where to stay.

Gar62

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Long Island

I received mine on Friday after my drug refresh came back.

Now Im just trying to figure out if Im flying or driving from California, and where to stay.

I'm still waiting for my FOL. MG told me it'd be 1 week to get the results of my drug test, it's been over two. How long did yours take?

Grant

Rookie
Nov 22, 2008
Los Angeles

I'm still waiting for my FOL. MG told me it'd be 1 week to get the results of my drug test, it's been over two. How long did yours take?
I did the drug test last Monday, LH got the results and offered me the class four days later on Friday. Maybe cuz Im in LA it took less time to get the results and be sent to where ever they needed to go.

Where does everybody plan on staying?

NewATCguy

Newcomer
Jan 24, 2009
Fairfax, VA

Looking forward to working with some of you!! I am in the 2/18/11 class and will be going to ZDC!! I am staying at Walnut Gardens for 28 a night, it is on the bus route. I would recommend the bus from day 1, if you are late and on the bus, no problem - if you are late and you drove, BIG PROBLEM. At 0600 to 0700 there are 100's of people trying to get though 1 gate at this place.

Last edited:

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X

There's two gates. Three, if you go through that side one at security.

Line's always short at the south one.

Gar62

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Long Island

I'll be at Kim's place. The shuttle route is my one complaint about the place. I'll probably have my car, but I would've prefered to be able to take the shuttle just as an extra protection against being late.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X

In the summer, you won't need the shuttle from Kim's. Unless you take the interstate, you're not going to see enough traffic to make you late.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009

In the summer, you won't need the shuttle from Kim's. Unless you take the interstate, you're not going to see enough traffic to make you late.
Why will traffic be lighter in the summer?

titans83

Mar 9, 2009
Antioch, TN

I just got the call today from LH and I'm headed to OKC for the 3/28 class! In heAding to ZOA as well. Originally for ZAN but redirected last summer. So excited!

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas

I just got the call today from LH and I'm headed to OKC for the 3/28 class! In heAding to ZOA as well. Originally for ZAN but redirected last summer. So excited!
Congrats man, I know you got porked around a bit in this whole process. Good luck

ATL777

Newcomer
Mar 5, 2011

I have this date, ZTL here, TOL Aug 2009, received email on Feb 7th about this class date, took drug refresh, still waiting for FOL, anybody receive their FOL from MG for this date yet?

Gar62

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Long Island

I have this date, ZTL here, TOL Aug 2009, received email on Feb 7th about this class date, took drug refresh, still waiting for FOL, anybody receive their FOL from MG for this date yet?
I talked to her on Wednesday and she said I'd have it on Thursday. I talked to her on Thursday morning and she said I'd have it later that day. I'm hoping I'll get it on Monday.

vladimir303

Newcomer
Feb 12, 2011
Crestview, Fl

I received this date via email from MG on 2/7, also. I took my drug refresh on 2/11. I am waiting for my phone call to make everything official. I haven't heard from anyone since the email on 2/7.

I will be headed to ZTL and will be staying at Kim's Place. I applied in August of 08 and received my TOL is May of 09. I was an OJT applicant.

I can't wait to get on with this process. So close!

vladimir303

Newcomer
Feb 12, 2011
Crestview, Fl

I left a message asking if my drug refresh was received. I received a short email saying I passed!

Now, I am just waiting for the final phone call to confirm everything. Here's the thing:

Class starts 3/28, I need to give two weeks notice by 3/11 ish at my current job.

What's the latest date anyone has gotten the official phone call (and what time of day do they normally do the calling?) letting you know you are officially getting the FOL in the mail?

Gar62

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Long Island

I left a message asking if my drug refresh was received. I received a short email saying I passed!

Now, I am just waiting for the final phone call to confirm everything. Here's the thing:

Class starts 3/28, I need to give two weeks notice by 3/11 ish at my current job.

What's the latest date anyone has gotten the official phone call (and what time of day do they normally do the calling?) letting you know you are officially getting the FOL in the mail?
I'm driving out there so I need extra time. I actually just gave my notice about an hour ago. I haven't gotten an FOL yet. MG told me that I'm good, that'll just have to do.

vladimir303

Newcomer
Feb 12, 2011
Crestview, Fl

I'm driving out there so I need extra time. I actually just gave my notice about an hour ago. I haven't gotten an FOL yet. MG told me that I'm good, that'll just have to do.
I'm going to try and call her in the morning to get final confirmation. I plan on giving my notice on Friday because that's the day our yearly bonus is paid out!

Thanks for the bonus...now seeya later!