03/28/11 Basics

Gar62

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Long Island
Re: 3/28/11 Enroute Basics

I'm going to try and call her in the morning to get final confirmation. I plan on giving my notice on Friday because that's the day our yearly bonus is paid out!

Thanks for the bonus...now seeya later!
Yea, that's something that kind of pisses me off about this date. If the class stared a month later I'd get my bonus.

ATL777

Newcomer
Mar 5, 2011

I still haven't received anything either, I've been told the same things...sooo I hope it comes by Friday...cutting it close here. I've spoken with 3 friends who have already gone through OKC, one received It (FOL) 3 wks prior, the other 2, 2 wks prior, everything comes through email.

TRFlax

Rookie
Feb 3, 2011

I was told by MG that she was doing my FOL today. Some people have posted that MG told them that days ago. Anybody received one yet? Time is ticking and I'm scared to make any final plans until I get it. Any advice?

vladimir303

Newcomer
Feb 12, 2011
Crestview, Fl

I was told by MG that she was doing my FOL today. Some people have posted that MG told them that days ago. Anybody received one yet? Time is ticking and I'm scared to make any final plans until I get it. Any advice?
I called her at 7am this morning (as soon as they get to work). I explained that I needed to put in a two week notice and I was concerned about putting in a notice before I got the FOL. She said they should be completed by tomorrow (Thursday). She said there was no reason I coudln't go ahead and put in my two weeks with my current job. So, I'm going to trust her and put it in on Friday.

vladimir303

Newcomer
Feb 12, 2011
Crestview, Fl

Received my FOL yesterday! Quit my job AND kept my bonus! It's nice when things actually work out.

Can't believe it is officially official...

Gar62

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Long Island

I just talked to someone in student services. We should be getting our welcome packs within the next 2 days. She said they were going to be giving them to FedEx today and they're being overnighted.

TRFlax

Rookie
Feb 3, 2011

Does the welcome packet have the travel authorization in it to book our plane tickets?

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X

Someone gave me a NATCA shirt about a year before I got here. I almost brought it, but I didn't want to be that guy.

Turns out that guy was already in our class anyway.

titans83

Mar 9, 2009
Antioch, TN

So.. I'm totally going to be in OKC in like a week. Anybody else completely freaking out? I have been for the past few days.

Grant

Rookie
Nov 22, 2008
Los Angeles

So.. I'm totally going to be in OKC in like a week. Anybody else completely freaking out? I have been for the past few days.
OH YEA!! Im pretty stoked. Just drove through the bay area to check out apartments.

Should be getting there on Thursday after my little commute from California.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X

Don't worry, the first day is so mind-numbing that it'll suck it out of you, putting you in a much more sedate state of mind for when the academics start.

Helpful tip: The bagels in the little snack bar by the Administration building's lecture hall, where you'll spend that first day, is the only place in the state you can get Einstein's bagels.

titans83

Mar 9, 2009
Antioch, TN

Don't worry, the first day is so mind-numbing that it'll suck it out of you, putting you in a much more sedate state of mind for when the academics start.

Helpful tip: The bagels in the little snack bar by the Administration building's lecture hall, where you'll spend that first day, is the only place in the state you can get Einstein's bagels.

There is no such thing as einstein bagels up here in anchorage.. I've missed that. I'm flying in Sunday afternoon and checking in at Isola Bella. I've re-read everything 5 times and am still afraid I'm forgetting some form I need to have filled out