04/22/2011 Basics

steftaylor

Newcomer
Jul 30, 2009
southern california
Re: 4/22/2011 Enroute Basics

Im so excited for yall! FOL! im waiting for my call or email every day..... @ captain I was looking at Kims place too. Im going to go to okc the first week of April and look at all my choices though! good to know that we are training together and coming to the same center :) now i just need my FOL!

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009

Im so excited for yall! FOL! im waiting for my call or email every day..... @ captain I was looking at Kims place too. Im going to go to okc the first week of April and look at all my choices though! good to know that we are training together and coming to the same center :) now i just need my FOL!
You'll have it any day, I'm sure. LH mentioned to me he was working on 5 of them so I'm sure it will be soon!

photostarr

Aug 30, 2008

Are all ya'll OTS? No prior experience? Studying anything for prep?
OTS here, but I've been CTI for a while in Denver. Their program is a bachelors degree program, so its 4 years instead of 2. Just been working on minor credits and whatnot while I've been waiting for this.

I had an internship at DEN ATCT over the summer of '09. Did a lot of monitoring there and at the TRACON and at ZDV as well actually since they all work together.

Also, a professor of mine here made us memorize the map for OKC as one of our finals in an ATC class. I have blank copies of the airspace we'll study in OKC that I practice filling in from scratch.

That's about it though. No real experience.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009

Its official FOL , LH called me today :) I started this process back in July 2008 . so im thrilled to actually have an FOL
It looks like we are all in the same boat. Been in this process for what seems like forever. July '08 application, July '09 TOL, March '11 FOL. My friends all thought I was a liar!

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas

This was good timing. I am headed to Angel Fire to ski next week then turn in my two weeks notice when I get home!!!....

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009

This was good timing. I am headed to Angel Fire to ski next week then turn in my two weeks notice when I get home!!!....
I'm headed to LA for the week and then coming back and turning in the two weeks!

And to answer your PM, I'm from about 90 miles south of you on I35

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas

Louisiana or Las Angeles? You must be from South San Antonio, Pleasanton or Floresville possibly? Well good to know, we can give those stinkin Oklahomo's hell

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009

Louisiana or Las Angeles? You must be from South San Antonio, Pleasanton or Floresville possibly? Well good to know, we can give those stinkin Oklahomo's hell
Los Angeles, Marina Del Ray to be exact.

I'm from NW San Antonio, right by Fiesta Texas. You know why it's so windy here in Texas? Cause OK blows!

steftaylor

Newcomer
Jul 30, 2009
southern california

I need to find a roommate..... man where are the girls at that are going in ???? lol everybody is a guy on here. where do you two plan on staying ?

photostarr

Aug 30, 2008

I need to find a roommate..... man where are the girls at that are going in ???? lol everybody is a guy on here. where do you two plan on staying ?
I'm still trying to figure out where to stay. Wanted to rent a house w/ someone in the class and split the bills or something like that, but it's looking like I'll probably just be getting a 3 month lease somewhere and then doing a month at one of those extended stays.

steftaylor

Newcomer
Jul 30, 2009
southern california

I'm still trying to figure out where to stay. Wanted to rent a house w/ someone in the class and split the bills or something like that, but it's looking like I'll probably just be getting a 3 month lease somewhere and then doing a month at one of those extended stays.

i want to save some of that per diemm money

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK

Took a weekend trip to Lajitas one time in my Aerostar. Coming back I guess the Feds got excited to see an aircraft pop up out of the mountains. When I landed at Fredricksburg the local cops were waiting. Ten minutes later the DEA C440 landed - they could not keep up with the Aerostar! Thought they were going to tear my plane apart searching for non-existant contraband.

Cheers,:cheers:
The RedBaron

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009

Turned in the two weeks, no longer employed already. Vacation time for me, one more month folks..........
Are they paying you the two weeks? I'm turning in mine tomorrow and am hoping they tell me to just leave and will pay me the two weeks. :party:

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas

Actually, they are gonna pay me through the week of April 22nd. So, that is really nice of them. However, they aren't going to pay me my bonus so I guess it is all a wash. I am freaked out/excited about this whole thing currently, how about you guys?........

I am standing here looking at this house I have lived in for 4 years wondering what the hell am I going to do:banghead: