07/11/2019 Enroute Basics

Oogie88

Newcomer
Oct 12, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Just received my FOL with a class date starting July 11, 2019. Booked with KimsPlace OKC which is highly recommended.

Last edited:

Advntrlvr

Newcomer
May 23, 2019
Hi! I got my FOL for 7/11 Enroute. Trying to decide now where to book a place. I’ve heard good things about Isola Bella too. But it’s be nice to be in the same place as class mates.
Did you book through FAA or directly with Kim’s?

Oogie88

Newcomer
Oct 12, 2018
Ive heard ups and downs about Isola. I went ahead with KimsPlace. I booked directly through Kims.

Advntrlvr

Newcomer
May 23, 2019
Yea, I've heard some of the same...but since we can't pocket the extra housing anymore I decided to pick a place that will maximize my allowed spending, and hopefully my comfort (aka: no roommates).

robertnt

Newcomer
Mar 5, 2019
I also have a class date of 7/11 and I just booked at Kim's place. I will be looking forward to meeting other classmates!

JTL2ATC

Newcomer
Jun 4, 2019
I secured a spot at Anatole through A&T. FAARooms.com said they didn’t have availability there.
Living alone, but down to get together and study. Also, love that it’s near a Buffalo Wild Wings. Always up for some wings and beers after classes.

AlphaX3

Newcomer
Mar 25, 2017
There are 6 of us right now staying at KimsPlace.
Hey everyone,

I am currently in the academy and enroute as well. I highly recommend staying at Kim's place. When I first arrived about half my class was at Kim's and the other half spread throughout the different options. Everyone has since moved to Kim's place and now we are all together. I promise you that it will be extremely difficult to pass if you do not have study groups and meet outside of class. Anatole and Isola Bella are about a thirty minute drive to Kims place and after a long day at class alot of classmates were too tired to drive over. No one from Kims will drive to Isola or Anatole because majority of students will already be staying at Kims.

Anatole is a nice place and it is nice to have your own place. Isola Bella is an absolute shit hole and I had two classmates that had issues with the complex and did not receive any help. One classmates place kept flooding from a leak and he was blown off until he finally had enough. It is a very small sacrifice to have roommates while you are here for a big reward so I say suck it up. Also we have a ton of material that is left over and strip marking boards that get passed around which will help alot. Reach out if you guys have questions I am here until late august

JTL2ATC

Newcomer
Jun 4, 2019
Hey everyone,

I am currently in the academy and enroute as well. I highly recommend staying at Kim's place. When I first arrived about half my class was at Kim's and the other half spread throughout the different options. Everyone has since moved to Kim's place and now we are all together. I promise you that it will be extremely difficult to pass if you do not have study groups and meet outside of class. Anatole and Isola Bella are about a thirty minute drive to Kims place and after a long day at class alot of classmates were too tired to drive over. No one from Kims will drive to Isola or Anatole because majority of students will already be staying at Kims.

Anatole is a nice place and it is nice to have your own place. Isola Bella is an absolute shit hole and I had two classmates that had issues with the complex and did not receive any help. One classmates place kept flooding from a leak and he was blown off until he finally had enough. It is a very small sacrifice to have roommates while you are here for a big reward so I say suck it up. Also we have a ton of material that is left over and strip marking boards that get passed around which will help alot. Reach out if you guys have questions I am here until late august
Don’t want to shit on your point at all, but some people maintain a better QOL living alone versus with roommates. That, in turn, leads to better work performance. Can you not get a group together at a coffee shop or something near the academy, rather than all meeting at one housing complex? Some of us also have families that will be moving too and can’t drive the 30 minutes extra to housing elsewhere.

I’ll be at Anatole and happy to study with however many or few are staying there, whether at my apartment or at a Starbucks or something. I’m no curmudgeon, but I like my own space outside of studying.