09/16/11 Tower

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
This class will be the first class the new duplexes at Isola Bella will be ready for. Top of the line three bedroom, 2 &1/2 bath, duplexes featuring stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, fireplace, fenced backyard with gas grill, two car garage, and full size washer/dryer. Rates will be $49.20 for the master bedroom with private bath and garage, $47.20 for second bedroom with shared bath and garage, and $44.20 for third bedroom with shared bath. These rates include free breakfast daily and dinner Mon - Fri. Official posting to Stuck Mic housing section will be next week. Availability is very limited; if interested call Michelle at 405-721-2194 option 1.

Cheers :cheers:
The RedBaron

speediebang

Jul 5, 2009
Gulfport, Mississippi
To the best (I mean best) of my knowledge, yes. Only stipulation is that it has to be "commercial" housing; offered to the public and proper receipts must be issued. This room was offered on Craigslist and I happened to get lucky enough to know the current student staying there. There is also the fact that if you use the FAA credit card for housing (one option) then you will only receive what you spend... not a good iney saving tip. Please confirm this info with someone else as I don't want to be THAT GUY who screwed everything for you, however my buddy is currently receiving full per diem.

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Construction of the new Duplexes is coming along. Will be ready for the 9/16 Tower Class.
Enter off of 63rd Street into gararage

Living Room with Fire Place

Fenced backyard; the middle fence is coming down and a gas grill is going in for access by both sides. Guests can access the rest of Isola Bella through a gate in the backyard.
http://www.stuckmic.com/gallery/files/3/7/3/4/2011-07-29_duplex_backyard.jpg

Cheers, :cheers:
The RedBaron

speediebang

Jul 5, 2009
Gulfport, Mississippi
Just need to have proof it was offered as commercial real estate (offered to the public) and have a short term lease drawn up. That along with receipts showing you paid is good to go. This info can also be found in the above titled thread.

hotvedt

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2008
Re: 09/16/11 Tower.

I have heard no from several people. It has to be a legit rental. Why would the FAA pay for housing if you already live in OKC, as an example. A thread in "ATC chatter" called 'How much per diem did you save?' explains it.

I know that they wouldn't pay if I lived in Okc. I have moved to Stillwater, Ok for school just didn't update it on here. But it is about 80 miles away from the city and I don't want to drive that far everyday.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Thought it was sort of different that this class starts on a Friday. Super pumped though. 47 days but who's counting.

krugerky

Newcomer
May 5, 2009
I was originally scheduled for the September 6th class date and just received the call today that I was switched to the Sept. 16th date. I hope they don't change my date again, I'm putting in my two week notice for my current place tomorrow...

Another side note: Does anyone know how my training will go being that I'm going to be stationed at an Up-Down facility?

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
See you there. You will do you tower training at OKC first, check out in the tower, and then come back for radar.

zilan23

Dec 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
What facilities are you guys going to? I'm in the basics class that will join the 9/16 tower class. I have my CTI but was picked up under the pubnat. I'm going to MEM. Anyone else going to MEM?