1/10/2013

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
That's been my hope as well. lol

I know they would have to make budget cuts, and I could see people with TOL's for one of the towers that may get shut down being held up, but centers still need new hires to fill the severe need! They can't just NOT hire and train anyone for months on end. You would figure at least, but we're talking about the FAA here. lol

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
Seems there are still plenty of spaces available in this date. There are likely a few spots for people not on SM, but only 8 SM'ers so far I believe.

We're not sure how this is going to work though, with this whole fiscal cliff mess around the corner. We got the call on November 2nd, and still don't have FOL's! We suspect the FC is slowing up the process already. Who knows when the ZNY people will be able to get their FOL's now, with the class date only a month away. It's supposed to be business as usual up until the cliff happens, so what's the hold up?
How many are there to a class?

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
No problem! Hopefully there are more for ZNY!

ZOB has been VERY lucky with how little the wait has been compared to others. I couldn't imagine waiting over a year for a class date! I was medically cleared on October 1st, and got the call on November 2nd. That month of CONSTANTLY checking my phone all day every day was complete torture! haha

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
No problem! Hopefully there are more for ZNY!

ZOB has been VERY lucky with how little the wait has been compared to others. I couldn't imagine waiting over a year for a class date! I was medically cleared on October 1st, and got the call on November 2nd. That month of CONSTANTLY checking my phone all day every day was complete torture! haha
yeah im paranoid about my phone battery dying. It never has. watch this will be like the first day in history it will. and it will probably break knowing my luck. actually it just burst into flames. jk. :multi:

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
Ugh....I know right!

I even gave everyone from OKC a custom ringtone, one as loud as I could make it so I'd hear it! I fix cars in a body shop now, so it's pretty loud in there. Luckily, I got the call when I was in my car. lol

mia305au

Rookie
May 19, 2009
Miami, FL
Have any of you guys received your FOL's? I'll be in the 1/7 enroute basics class, going to ZKC but I was told we wouldn't get ours until 2 weeks from class, but thats smack dab in the middle of the holidays. I work at a school and don't want to give them my notice until I get my FOL but don't want to let them know before we go on Christmas Break

ssslyman

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
North Carolina
Have any of you guys received your FOL's? I'll be in the 1/7 enroute basics class, going to ZKC but I was told we wouldn't get ours until 2 weeks from class, but thats smack dab in the middle of the holidays. I work at a school and don't want to give them my notice until I get my FOL but don't want to let them know before we go on Christmas Break
I was told by MG that as soon as she got my drug refresh she would get working on my FOL. She said she'd send it when it was within 30 days to my class date (which it is now!). Hopefully that 2 week mark doesn't actually happen and you get it sooner!

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
He actually already received his academy packet!

We got the call on Friday November 2nd, and our rep told us she would try to get them out by the following Wednesday. Nothing. Then a few weeks later, we all got the drug refresh emails, no FOL until that was done and back to her. She had all of our results back by the last week in November, and said our FOL's were complete, but she was told to wait until after December 1st to send them out. She told me that we'd have them on the 5th or 6th...nothing. She told others we'd have them by Friday the 7th...nothing.

I've maintained the stance of not really caring when we get them, because it's something they HAVE to get to us. It's not like we're going to get bumped to a later class date just because HR didn't get our FOL's to us on time. So, it's going to come...it's only a matter of time. I just can't stand all these missed time frames! You get your hopes up, only to be let down. With all this fiscal cliff stuff looming over our heads, having a FOL in our hands might give us more of a sense of security. lol

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
True story! Even going through the process after being selected has been nothing but ups and downs, and that was AFTER waiting for 6 panels to even BE selected!

Failed the MMPI and had to go through the tier 2 process. All of my friends getting the call for this class date, then me being told they had 5 spots to give, but I was number 6 in line. Now FOL/class date worries....nothing is easy!! It's all worked out for the best, and I have faith that this will too, but it's still stressful. lol

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
4 of us 5 for ZOB got them today. I'm assuming the 5th person did as well, but he doesn't get on here too often.

Your guys' will come soon...they have to, times a tickin!