10/06/11 Tower Class

emillerslo

Aug 8, 2010
Numbers for the Oct 6th class will be out 30 days prior to class dates. So the first week of Sept. And around the 3rd week of Sept for the Oct 21st class. I will be staying at Kims place! Best place around, and you can't beat free golf! So bring you clubs!
30 days has come and gone, does anyone have an official word on being confirmed for an October 6th date? For that matter, how can you know where you are staying if you haven't officially gotten your date yet?

lsufan9981

Jul 13, 2009
So, is 10/6 a confirmed class date? The reason I ask is that HR is assigning 10/3 class dates. All of those people have been enroute, so do enroute and terminal have separate class dates?

RogerRoger80

Rookie
Sep 14, 2011
Noticed several people talking about a 10/6 course yet the only basics terminal course I can find listed on the class dates is for 10/20. A 10/6 class is nowhere to be seen.:(

bradjackman

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Boise
10/6 is the Initial Tower Cab Training class. That's after basics for those who have to go to basics. 10/20 is the basics class date, which means you would then be joining the non-OTS in Initial Tower Cab Training in like the 11/25 class. Or something like that.

RTBriones

Rookie
May 4, 2011
Aspen, CO
Two questions: 1.How would one know if their airport is priority airport?The reason I ask is because I received an email saying that priority airports are classed up first. 2.Does anyone know how TOL's work? Meaning if you get one is that a guaranteed spot for this fiscal year or no?

bradjackman

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Boise
Two questions: 1.How would one know if their airport is priority airport? The reason I ask is because I received an email saying that priority airports are classed up first. 2.Does anyone know how TOL's work? Meaning if you get one is that a guaranteed spot for this fiscal year or no?
1. They haven't released that information, but a facility manager, district manager, or even an HR rep COULD probably tell you. I learned from my DM that my facility is not a priority facility, and that there is only one in the district that is, and it's a level 5 tower.

2. TOLs do not guarantee a spot for this fiscal year. They don't guarantee anything. Some people with TOLs received letters that told them that they were no longer being considered, for no particular reason, even though they had a TOL. The key is T for Tentative. I received a TOL almost a year ago, then was told there were no spots for me that fiscal year. Key is, don’t count on anything till you’ve got a FOL in hand.

RogerRoger80

Rookie
Sep 14, 2011
These have been some tense few weeks. I'm one of the crew who can't necessarily get up and take off on a moments notice that several people here are. I have a family, job,housing etc that would need to be straightened out whenever I receive a fol. If I received a class date offering me a date that was 3 weeks away for example, I would more than likely request a later class date. If anyone has any experience in that particular situation, is requesting a later class date a huge deal or is it something the HR reps are understanding about?

Atcmitch

Trusted Contributor
Apr 8, 2011
These have been some tense few weeks. I'm one of the crew who can't necessarily get up and take off on a moments notice that several people here are. I have a family, job,housing etc that would need to be straightened out whenever I receive a fol. If I received a class date offering me a date that was 3 weeks away for example, I would more than likely request a later class date. If anyone has any experience in that particular situation, is requesting a later class date a huge deal or is it something the HR reps are understanding about?
I believe they would probably give you two weeks notice, so we have a week or so to go before it would be getting to last second. Just my .02 though.

Atcmitch

Trusted Contributor
Apr 8, 2011
Not sure, have seen a few people request later class dates but I believe they just give you the next available class date for your facility. Someone else might be able to give you a better answer than me.

RTBriones

Rookie
May 4, 2011
Aspen, CO
1. They haven't released that information, but a facility manager, district manager, or even an HR rep COULD probably tell you. I learned from my DM that my facility is not a priority facility, and that there is only one in the district that is, and it's a level 5 tower.
Aspen is a level 5... I hope that's me. Man, this stuff is getting me way too anxious.

alzy

Senior Analyst
Jan 21, 2010
Earth
Aspen is a level 5... I hope that's me. Man, this stuff is getting me way too anxious.
Aspen? You want Aspen? Are you crazy? Did you pass the MMPI? (not being mean... just poking a rib or two)
(I'm talking about KASE in case there are other level 5 Aspens out there).

alzy

Senior Analyst
Jan 21, 2010
Earth
Two questions: 1.How would one know if their airport is priority airport?The reason I ask is because I received an email saying that priority airports are classed up first. 2.Does anyone know how TOL's work? Meaning if you get one is that a guaranteed spot for this fiscal year or no?
1. You could call your HR and find out if they have the ariport priority list
2. No, the TOL is not a guaranteed spot for the fiscal year, or any other year for that matter. It's in the name. Tentative Offer Letter, as in tentative, as in not guaranteed, as in if it were guaranteed it would be a GOL not a TOL.

RTBriones

Rookie
May 4, 2011
Aspen, CO
Aspen? You want Aspen? Are you crazy? Did you pass the MMPI? (not being mean... just poking a rib or two)
(I'm talking about KASE in case there are other level 5 Aspens out there).
Yes, KASE. Is there something wrong with that that I should be aware of?