10 Year Strategy For Air Traffic Control Workforce (2012-2021)

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
That academy attrition number is good stuff, i always wondered how many didnt pass. Only 55 didnt make it last year

j_time41

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2008
Lakeville, MN
Probably is. Truth is though, if everyone on this site read this, it would probably cut in half the forum that are started. Was interesting reading to me, even though im already in.

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
How are there controllers over the age of 62? Isn't max age with a waiver 61?

(REF: FAA EMP-1.20)

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
This thread reminds me of Big Daddy.

But he's got a 10 year plan!

What, don't die?

How are there controllers over the age of 62? Isn't max age with a waiver 61?

(REF: FAA EMP-1.20)
Not if they worked before they started with the mandatory retirement. There's a guy training at my facility who is close to 65. He was an old PATCO guy and just got re-hired about 3 years ago. When he worked there was no such thing as mandatory retirement so he can work for as long as he can perform the duties.

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Not if they worked before they started with the mandatory retirement. There's a guy training at my facility who is close to 65. He was an old PATCO guy and just got re-hired about 3 years ago. When he worked there was no such thing as mandatory retirement so he can work for as long as he can perform the duties.

Thats awesome. I know I would do that if there was no mando retirement.

Puts a whole new meaning to 'grandfathered in' though :poke:

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011
This thread reminds me of Big Daddy.

But he's got a 10 year plan!

What, don't die?

I remember the trainers talking about it when I had my internship there. He had just been hired at the time and had not yet reported to the facility. It was quite the conversation topic at the time.