11/10 rtf

shibbyromes

Rookie
Aug 3, 2009
Rhode Island
How'd you work that one? That's pretty awesome.
Just worked out that way. My ATM called me a couple days before I left to OKC and told me he had arranged for me to stay after my Tower course and get RTF out of the way. It is bitter-sweet. GREAT that I don't have to come back here after I leave but sucks because a lot is going on back home and I am here for 89 days with little to no chance of going to visit.

BTW, I am at Isola Bella. It charges the full housing per diem BUT they have breakfast every morning, dinner every Mon-Fri, and give you "to-go" dinner Tues-Fri if you are working an evening shift (1530-2400). This saves you a lot of money on groceries. I pretty much pocket 95% of my food per diem.

Message me if you have any questions. I have been here for 20 days and have a good grasp on how everything works.

Last edited:

brianL

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2009
I will be in this class date as well. Not sure where i am staying yet though. I work at Huntington, West Virginia (HTS). What facility is everyone else from or going to?

brianL

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2009
Just worked out that way. My ATM called me a couple days before I left to OKC and told me he had arranged for me to stay after my Tower course and get RTF out of the way. It is bitter-sweet. GREAT that I don't have to come back here after I leave but sucks because a lot is going on back home and I am here for 89 days with little to no chance of going to visit.

BTW, I am at Isola Bella. It charges the full housing per diem BUT they have breakfast every morning, dinner every Mon-Fri, and give you "to-go" dinner Tues-Fri if you are working an evening shift (1530-2400). This saves you a lot of money on groceries. I pretty much pocket 95% of my food per diem.

Message me if you have any questions. I have been here for 20 days and have a good grasp on how everything works.
I really find this amusing since ive been in dispute with my facility about getting an RTF date. I wanted an earlier date but management kept telling me that I had to check out fully in tower before they could put in for a class for me, as per "FAA policy". The union told me that that was a blatant lie and now here is more evidence of that.

lgodfrey

Newcomer
Oct 8, 2010
I'm coming from Columbia, sc (CAE). Do you know a guy at Huntington named Nathan wilcher? I think that's where he went... We were in okc at the same time for tower

scg2

Newcomer
Jun 23, 2010
Chicago
I'm working on housing. I'll be in transition from Chicago Executive (PWK) to NorCal TRACON (NCT). It's been 16 years since I worked as an approach controller, so this should be fun.

brianL

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2009
I'm working on housing. I'll be in transition from Chicago Executive (PWK) to NorCal TRACON (NCT). It's been 16 years since I worked as an approach controller, so this should be fun.
Do you happen to know Ed Cornett?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I'll be in this class. Looks like in the email Kim sent out, there's 4 of us starting on the 10th.

duke51

Rookie
Apr 8, 2009
I'll be joining you guys as well. They told me that I was the last one for this class date. Probably staying at Isola again. See you all next week.