2/26/12 Terminal.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
Good stuff... I did my refresh on the 10th, hopefully I'll get my FOL this week...

Is there anything you have to do once you get the FOL (more paperwork, etc)?
There is alot of basic stuff to fill in online for the EODS system. Be prepared to create the most obnoxious password of all time.

Jm87

Newcomer
Jan 17, 2013
I see a few of you are picked up for MLI. I am slotted for this airport as well and given a class date of Feb. 12th for terminal basics.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
MLI is hoppin! They are going to be up to their eyeballs in noobs before they even know what hit them. Are you familiar with the area at all?

Jm87

Newcomer
Jan 17, 2013
Not really. I'm about 2 hours away from there and plan on commuting everyday. It's gonna be rough for a while.

EmTee

Sep 30, 2011
I bet the controllers at that airport are THRILLED they get all these newcomers.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
Right there with you...I was planning on e-mailing/calling next week if I hadn't seen anything by the end of the week.

Where are you headed after OKC?
Unrelated question, but is your username a reference to TPB? Because if it is, I'm pretty sure we just became best friends.

Igivemylife11

Newcomer
Feb 17, 2011
Still waiting on a FOL --
I also received a copy of this NATCA email today from a buddy -- doesn't sound promising for those without a "FOL" -- lets hope this isn't the case:

I was on the NATCA telcon prior to this email. If your facility is at a point to where furloughs will cause overtime your facility will most likely be placed on a "leave exigency" which is where all annual leave is cancelled. Even primetime.

As for the academy it will still run like normal. If you have a FOL as of 1 February it will be honored, if you don't have a FOL yet then most likely you will be "frozen" and it may be a delay in receiving a FOL and academy date.

Nothing is final yet, but this is what's expected so dont freak out too much yet.