2015 ATSAT Results

mturnbeaugh

Jun 19, 2015
Anaheim, CA
im sure you will. getting back in the saddle might be a bit rough for you after so many years of not controlling. come on here to reduce the stress right?

Supermoto

Rookie
Jun 2, 2015
Have any active duty guys gotten a TOL yet?
I'm still active until April 2016. Received my TOL last Friday. It does specifically ask if you are still active and for your. EAS and Terminal leave dates. I believe because of this I will be pushed down the list for getting my second packet. the TOL states that you will receive pre-employment paperwork no more then 2-3 months before your detach date. When I call HR to ask if I could start the med/psych and security screening she said as long as I am state side I will be able too so I am hopeful, but if they are trying to fill up the FY15 classes I'm not going to hold my breath.

Justin_Matton

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2015
^ do as much as you can now(if stateside) if not then still send in your acceptance with the caveat that you are still active and provide that info. They will more than likely get you for the 2016 FY the soonest but at least they will continue to keep your paperwork on file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

545charlie

Newcomer
Feb 10, 2014
545charlie is the only person I have seen that is enroute and got their pre-employment email
Got it Wed afternoon, 5 days after the TOL. Advice: if you don't get a hold of someone you need to talk to in order to set up a test, blow their phone UP and don't wait on a voicemail or email to be returned. I made the mistake of calling a guy just twice a day for two days. Spoke with HR today and she suggested I hound them, so I did, and after 8 calls, he answered. Already took the drug test and have psych and physical set up for the middle of next week. I'd also complete the security packet ASAP since that's what takes the longest. Who knows if it helps getting it in quick, but i'm sure it didnt hurt.

Also, for anyone close to 31, I confirmed that our age freezes once the TOL comes. I know many people have said that already, but I read (maybe on the application?) that you have to start the academy prior to 31. I know that gave me some peace of mind.

ATCLIFER

Rookie
May 23, 2015
Yeah, lets hope its a minor adjustment and not the start of something bigger. My concern is all the student loan and credit card debt we Americans accumulated in our quest to get out of the recession.

I hope its much more than a minor adjustment...this market has been crazy and is due. Best time to buy in when the market is falling

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
I hope its much more than a minor adjustment...this market has been crazy and is due. Best time to buy in when the market is falling
The concern right now is the global recession among emerging markets which are trying to compete with China's devalued Yuan. On top of that you have the Chinese investment bubble bursting and investors are getting skitish. Then the EU with its financial issues and immigration problem. As for us, we are credit addicts and if babyboomers dont hurry up and retire, we may be in for a wild ride. A lot of graduates with degrees and no jobs, but a whole lot of debt. I think this is a systemic problem that wasn't properly addressed in 2009. We should have let them fail and deal with it. Hopefully 2016 is a better year. I would avoid the market.
Edit: part of the reason why we aren't feeling it as bad here is because of low oil prices. But they will eventually come back up.

Last edited:

Isenthalpic

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2015
The concern right now is the global recession among emerging markets which are trying to compete with China's devalued Yuan. On top of that you have the Chinese investment bubble bursting and investors are getting skitish. Then the EU with its financial issues and immigration problem. As for us, we are credit addicts and if babyboomers dont hurry up and retire, we may be in for a wild ride. A lot of graduates with degrees and no jobs, but a whole lot of debt. I think this is a systemic problem that wasn't properly addressed in 2009. We should have let them fail and deal with it. Hopefully 2016 is a better year. I would avoid the market.
Edit: part of the reason why we aren't feeling it as bad here is because of low oil prices. But they will eventually come back up.
This is why I am hedging against a major downturn in the economy (a la 2008). If it happens, then I'm okay financially, if it doesn't happen, then hopefully I'll get a good job and all will still be okay.

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
I am just hoping I get picked up sooner than later. Plan to start a business on the side with my wife. Already working on it.

nfingers

Trusted Contributor
Sep 8, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
I am just hoping I get picked up sooner than later. Plan to start a business on the side with my wife. Already working on it.

Just a mere observation here, but im going to assume that you've never worked Air Traffic? I'm also going to assume that you havent had many run-ins with controllers and their personality. All I will say is if you make it to your facility you dont try and flaunt your knowledge around. It wont benefit you, whether you are right or wrong.

On another note: Continue doing it here, it creates entertainment.

Someone mentioned something here about a not-selected possibility. Pure guess here, but I dont believe many will be "not-selected". Its all just a waiting game, but we shall see. I hope this guess is right :)

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
Just a mere observation here, but im going to assume that you've never worked Air Traffic? I'm also going to assume that you havent had many run-ins with controllers and their personality. All I will say is if you make it to your facility you dont try and flaunt your knowledge around. It wont benefit you, whether you are right or wrong.

On another note: Continue doing it here, it creates entertainment.

Someone mentioned something here about a not-selected possibility. Pure guess here, but I dont believe many will be "not-selected". Its all just a waiting game, but we shall see. I hope this guess is right :)
I am well aware and I am not trying to impress anyone. I would much rather talk about the future of hiring as opposed to just wait untill next Thursday. Politics and the economy seam to have the greatest say in future hiring. It is in fact entertainment.

ATCLIFER

Rookie
May 23, 2015
I am well aware and I am not trying to impress anyone. I would much rather talk about the future of hiring as opposed to just wait untill next Thursday. Politics and the economy seam to have the greatest say in future hiring. It is in fact entertainment.
Well, i was impressed! Your knowledge of the world economy --usually, dont see that on here -- and the foresight. Although, I still disagree that it will affect the agency's current hiring plans

Bravo Delta

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
North Carolina
How long does it take to get your pre employment package after you sent back all your TOL paperwork?
Can be a couple days, or like myself more than a week. I finally emailed them again yesterday to confirm they recieved my tol. She confirmed they had and said it could be up to two weeks for the pre employment packet.

LyraM45

Mar 6, 2012
CA
For those of you tat have TOL's and are 31, when did you all turn 31? Within the past month?
I turned 31 Oct 2014. Coming up on 32. I am a part of the group that got OK'd to apply again this time. Got my TOL yesterday just after 10am. Enroute.

RHaleem

Rookie
May 30, 2015
New Plan, The FAA has decided to send out TOL's only to the nice, non-dickheads, using Stuckmic to figure out your personality. Which one of you would really make it?
P.S. Santa knows whose been naughty or nice.

KL89

Newcomer
Aug 11, 2015
Shout out to everyoneo out there patiently waiting for that TOL like me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cardsmall

Jan 20, 2011
Sorry if this is posted somewhere else I couldn't find the exact answer searching the forums but I currently just got my TOL for terminal and submitted my acceptance stuff and want to start preparing the the next part and was wondering which clearance is used for terminal. I've seen there is the SF-85, SF-85P, and SF-86. For terminal is it the 85p that's used? That currently the best answer I could find just looking for clarification. Also, wondering if when they are beginning the investigation if they contact currently employers etc in which case I can talk to my supervisor first before he's blindsided. Thanks