2015 Hiring Announcement Rumor Mill

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
No need for rumors. BioQ results are in check your aviator. Next step is maybe being offered the Atsat I do believe.

TangoBravo

Jun 14, 2012
A controller I roomed with once told me, "it's only stressful if you suck at it"
So funny bcz every time someone says "isn't that the most stressful job? how do you do it?!" I said its not if your good, its stressful if you suck and don't know your shtuff!

nfingers

Trusted Contributor
Sep 8, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
So funny bcz every time someone says "isn't that the most stressful job? how do you do it?!" I said its not if your good, its stressful if you suck and don't know your shtuff!

I disgaree. Not saying I'm a great controller. But. As I'm doing the job and have 15,16 planes on the scope I don't feel anything. But after when i look back at what i did i normally feel it all and go wow. Just my own experience

TangoBravo

Jun 14, 2012
Soo, am I missing something? You control and don't sit there "wow I'm stressed" and look back and say "good job self". Where was the point you sat there wining about how stressful your job is. Either way you go home and drink a beer.

nfingers

Trusted Contributor
Sep 8, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
Soo, am I missing something? You control and don't sit there "wow I'm stressed" and look back and say "good job self". Where was the point you sat there wining about how stressful your job is. Either way you go home and drink a beer.
Its the realization of having over 100 lives on your hands in a span of 15 minutes that tends to grab me. As I'm working the panes its like butter, more reaction than a proactive course since I'm responding and fixing the situation. After the fact I feel the stress.

I just find it hard to believe that any controller doesn't feel any stress. Yes, maybe its easy to manage later or it doesn't bother them when they are stressed, i just find it difficult to think that anyone feels no stress.

walter_white

Senior Analyst
Feb 1, 2015
Nope, no stress. The way you wrote that, leads me to believe, that youre the Pushing Tin guy on the other thread.

Ohzhee

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2010
SoCal
I have PTSD caused by lengthy VFR checkins. I'm triggered and have to count down from 10 every time an initial transmission last for more than 4.3 seconds. Can't complain- Got 30% and a lifetime supply of boner pills out the door back in 09'

walter_white

Senior Analyst
Feb 1, 2015
Its the realization of having over 100 lives on your hands in a span of 15 minutes that tends to grab me. As I'm working the panes its like butter, more reaction than a proactive course since I'm responding and fixing the situation. After the fact I feel the stress.

Attachments

TangoBravo

Jun 14, 2012

I just find it hard to believe that any controller doesn't feel any stress. Yes, maybe its easy to manage later or it doesn't bother them when they are stressed, i just find it difficult to think that anyone feels no stress.
Maybe your getting ahead of yourself, I'm not saying an ATC has 0 stress, I'm saying it isn't THAT CRAZY if you know what your doing.