2018 Upcoming FAA ATC Job Bids

miander1

Newcomer
Jan 7, 2014
There are 2 FAA ATC job bids coming out this month. One is starting June 19, 2018 to June 25, 2018 N90 New York TRACON local commuting area no air traffic controller experience bids.

Then starting on June 27, 2018 to July 1, 2018 there is supposed to be an all-sources announcement for no air traffic controller experience applicants for nationwide hiring.

Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Romeo kilo

Rookie
Feb 16, 2016
There are 2 FAA ATC job bids coming out this month. One is starting June 19, 2018 to June 25, 2018 N90 New York TRACON local commuting area no air traffic controller experience bids.

Then starting on June 27, 2018 to July 1, 2018 there is supposed to be an all-sources announcement for no air traffic controller experience applicants for nationwide hiring.

Just a heads up.

I also heard that this last prior experience bid will last until October. So I'm sure the will have two referral list like the 2017 bid.

miander1

Newcomer
Jan 7, 2014
I am already an air traffic controller so this news was posted on the NATCA Insider information during one of the conferences in Washington DC. I just received the email this evening.

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
Yes just like last year. I got a TOL in February off the April 2017 prior experience bid.
When you applied did you get a TOL initially or did it come when you were around 120 days of ETS? I’ve read of t happening on here and .65.

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
Hey guys, first time poster here, OTS.

Do you think my chances are significantly higher if I apply through the N90 OTS bid coming up vs the normal all-sources bid?

Although I live in the NY area, I'm not sure I want to take on the N90 monster, but if it's my best chance to get in, I guess I'll have to take it.

sizziano

Aug 17, 2016

Do you think my chances are significantly higher if I apply through the N90 OTS bid coming up vs the normal all-sources bid?

Although I live in the NY area, I'm not sure I want to take on the N90 monster, but if it's my best chance to get in, I guess I'll have to take it.
Maybe better chance to get past initial hiring but not to get certified.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
Maybe better chance to get past initial hiring but not to get certified.
Going to be hard to qualify but if you don’t piss anyone off and try your hardest you may be offered a lower level facility. I believe. I’ve heard of some people failing to check out of a enroute and are sent back to OKC to try for terminal.

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
Can you apply to both and take the tol you want?
Good question. I'm wondering the same thing. Would I have to take the BQ and AT-SA twice? I'm also wondering if they'd put me in N90 regardless if I apply to the all source bid, since I live in the area.

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
Going to be hard to qualify but if you don’t piss anyone off and try your hardest you may be offered a lower level facility. I believe. I’ve heard of some people failing to check out of a enroute and are sent back to OKC to try for terminal.

Yeah, I hope so. I would hate to have to spend all that time and effort just to get sent back to the start. I assume that you have to at least make it passed academy to even get a chance at another shot, but the safer bet is probably to make it past 1 year.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
They're not going to fire anyone who washes out of N90. Youll go to the NEST and a get list of low level facilities to choose from if you want it.

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah

You might wanna go through the '7/7 non prior bid' thread, I swear I saw some kids that applied to it and got assigned N90 anyways just because they live there. I would double check but I imagine the N90 bid would be a faster track.

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
You might wanna go through the '7/7 non prior bid' thread, I swear I saw some kids that applied to it and got assigned N90 anyways just because they live there. I would double check but I imagine the N90 bid would be a faster track.
Hmm thanks , I'll take a look.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Correct, now that the Academy's N90 RTF/TSEW/TETRA path is up and running, HR has already been giving NY area people TOLs for N90.