2018 Upcoming FAA ATC Job Bids

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
Somewhat off-topic, but is it possible to apply to the two bids with two different addresses? I have an address that is within 50 miles from N90, but my family also lives in NJ outside of the 50 miles range. Could I use my NJ address on the general OTS bid to avoid being locked into N90, but also apply for the N90 bid with my NY address?

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
Somewhat off-topic, but is it possible to apply to the two bids with two different addresses? I have an address that is within 50 miles from N90, but my family also lives in NJ outside of the 50 miles range. Could I use my NJ address on the general OTS bid to avoid being locked into N90, but also apply for the N90 bid with my NY address?
Pretty sure they will still pick you for n90 omce they see you applied to both.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I'm not sure, but to maximize your chance of not getting N90, apply to the nation-wide announcement and use your NJ address.

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
Okay. It's not that I definitely don't want to go to N90, but rather I'd like to keep my options open. If I were to get two TOLs, I'm not sure I wouldn't still choose to pick the N90 one anyways (although it might be the smarter choice not to).

Lilebenz

Newcomer
Jun 18, 2018
First time poster and CTI graduate. I currently live in Los Angeles, California but my family (grandparents and uncles) live in Bronx, NY which is within the 50 mile limit for the N90 bid. I was just wondering if it’d be okay to use their NY address on my resume for that bid and my California address for the nationwide bid??

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
First time poster and CTI graduate. I currently live in Los Angeles, California but my family (grandparents and uncles) live in Bronx, NY which is within the 50 mile limit for the N90 bid. I was just wondering if it’d be okay to use their NY address on my resume for that bid and my California address for the nationwide bid??
That seems extremely dodgy since you don't live or have residence with your grandparents or uncles.
However, I see little chance that HR will know or care.
So, if it's something you want to try and think will give you an advantage, go for it at your own risk.

Wait until they get posted on USAJobs, read through them, and then ask HR if you still want to do it.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Keep in mind that they use the address given for setting up your medical and all of that. So you may have to make multiple trips to NY to get it all done. Unless I’m misremembering the process.

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
Maybe this is a little OD, but just wondering if these job announcements get posted on the dot? Was planning on spending the day to complete this application tomorrow and don't want to be sitting by the computer hitting the refresh button all day.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Maybe this is a little OD, but just wondering if these job announcements get posted on the dot? Was planning on spending the day to complete this application tomorrow and don't want to be sitting by the computer hitting the refresh button all day.
You can create your entire profile right now. Then all you'll have the do is upload any requested supporting documents. Get on USAJobs and make a profile.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
It'll get posted between midnight and 12:15EDT tonight.
It's already in the system of usajobs, I typed in the next 100 job codes following the last 2152 job posted today and found some jobs that will be posted on the 19th and the 20th. I ran out patience since there was no point to keep trying to find it.

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
Keep in mind that they use the address given for setting up your medical and all of that. So you may have to make multiple trips to NY to get it all done. Unless I’m misremembering the process.
Nope that is correct, then you’re also risking the fact that when they go through all your past residencies as well as jobs they’ll realize you’ve never lived in NY

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
It'll get posted between midnight and 12:15EDT tonight.
It's already in the system of usajobs, I typed in the next 100 job codes following the last 2152 job posted today and found some jobs that will be posted on the 19th and the 20th. I ran out patience since there was no point to keep trying to find it.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip.

Lilebenz

Newcomer
Jun 18, 2018
Thanks guys for the advice. I’ll wait and read the announcements before doing anything. I do recall my department head saying they’d likely require some sort of proof of NY residence.

tufano89

Rookie
Mar 22, 2015
Hey guys got a question on N90 bid ots how does the whole procedure work after you apply for the bid and get selected?
thanks