2018 Upcoming FAA ATC Job Bids

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Do you have to take atsat ?
According to the job posting, yes. All applicants who meet the requirements for hiring must take and pass the ATSA. Whether or not a previous score would be acceptable is unknown. But that'd be a quick way to find out who is lying about their residency... Only offer the test in one place short notice. If you can't make it, you're out.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
According to the job posting, yes. All applicants who meet the requirements for hiring must take and pass the ATSA. Whether or not a previous score would be acceptable is unknown. But that'd be a quick way to find out who is lying about their residency... Only offer the test in one place short notice. If you can't make it, you're out.
That’s dumb... what if your on vacation? Or on a work assignment?

rosskenneth88

Newcomer
Jun 20, 2018
Could you please help me understand this bid for ATC job bids. Is this for persons wanting to train and hire ATC applicants with no experience. If so, how do you apply for it. Please advise. Thanks

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Could you please help me understand this bid for ATC job bids. Is this for persons wanting to train and hire ATC applicants with no experience. If so, how do you apply for it. Please advise. Thanks
Yes, the one out now is only for people that live within 50 miles of Westbury, NY.
The one coming out next week is for nationwide hiring of people with no experience. When it gets posted, there'll be tons of posts about it here I'm sure.

CarolineR

Newcomer
Oct 16, 2017
Yes, the one out now is only for people that live within 50 miles of Westbury, NY.
The one coming out next week is for nationwide hiring of people with no experience. When it gets posted, there'll be tons of posts about it here I'm sure.

So we can only apply if we live within 50 miles of N90? The posting made it seem like we would have to be willing to live within 50 miles if we got through?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
So we can only apply if we live within 50 miles of N90? The posting made it seem like we would have to be willing to live within 50 miles if we got through?
Yes. Unless you're within 50 miles of Westbury, you're ineligible to apply.
Where you live after selection doesn't matter, you could live 90 miles away if you wanted as long as you show up every day.

sixtrings78

Newcomer
Jan 2, 2011
As a prior controller I applied for one of the bids last year. I answered the BQ with answers based off of my experience as a controller. Didn't pass it. Maybe on the next bid, should I answer those questions completely opposite of what the FAA would really want a controller to be?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
I took the ATSA last October and they allowed quite a few dates to take it. It was over a month of different dates

sunshine333

Newcomer
Mar 23, 2018
Will the statistics associated with this bid be posted anywhere? It would be interesting to know how many people applied (pool 1 vs pool 2) and how many passed the ATSA.

Andywhit50

Newcomer
Jun 25, 2018
Just seeing if anyone heard that the dates changed or still on for then. Thanks for the reply tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk