2018 Upcoming FAA ATC Job Bids

j_one_s

Rookie
Dec 13, 2013
Pshh
KSN hiring/placement site got updated on July 10th, it said they will give more information about the next bid before August 1st.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
What's KSN?
Internal FAA network. Mostly a depository of files for every group of the FAA and it's workgroups. As a network and the way it's currently used, it badly needs a redesign and better organization.

j_one_s

Rookie
Dec 13, 2013
Pshh
Internal FAA network. Mostly a depository of files for every group of the FAA and it's workgroups. As a network and the way it's currently used, it badly needs a redesign and better organization.
^this... Haha it reminds me of yahoo geocities.

Drewd21

Newcomer
Dec 27, 2017
So it’s july 23... no posts about the ots.
“Looks like July 26 at 12:01 AM ET is going to be opening day (like a f’n Star Wars premier) - but everything is still waiting for final green light from DOT overlords.

The Thursday start date means the FAA will likely keep the bid open through Sunday. While it’s possible they’ll hit their magic number over the weekend, they won’t close it until Monday morning. In the event they don’t hit the number over the weekend, they will keep it open until they do.

Also worth noting, if you can’t get at least a 90 on the ATSAT, you’re probably not going to get selected for this one - the competition is going to be fierce with more CTIs in the mix than previous bids (due to eliminating BioQ) and the bar for entry will be pushed higher as a result.

The only thing I know for sure is that this bid is going to employ many new lawyers...working on the lawsuits from before and the new ones to come.”

Sourced off reddit. Now be more nice or do your own research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewd21

Newcomer
Dec 27, 2017
Why would this bid be only open for 1 week, when all other bids have been open for 3 weeks?
There’s not going to be a BioQ to rid out the weak from the beginning. So they make the applying time shorter to have to comb and pay for less applicants. But it could be shorter cause they are only allowing a certain number of people applying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Why would this bid be only open for 1 week, when all other bids have been open for 3 weeks?
Because with no BQ they have to cut off the number of applicants because they have no way to screen them and won't pay for that many people to take the ATSA