2152 BID IS OUT.... EXPERIENCED CONTROLLERS

sweetea

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2012
NC
medical and security you already know if your gonna pass or not. so just selected i would say

Papa Delta

Trusted Contributor
Jan 26, 2015
The North West
Basically yeah. Medical is EASY. Eyes, Vitals, EKG. few questions from the dock and good to go. Took me 30 minutes at SCT.
That is good to know. I just got a physical two months ago and I am in good shape. Good background and should pass security with no problem. Can't wait for selections!

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
That is good to know. I just got a physical two months ago and I am in good shape. Good background and should pass security with no problem. Can't wait for selections!
Aside from doing the Sec Clear, the MMPI is the LONGEST thing you have to do, also done at SoCal TRACON for you San Diego people. 675 yes or no questions. About 2 hours long.

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
What is MMPI?
MMPI is a Phyc test, NOT the Bio-q. It is a test to see if you have any mental illnesses. Basically it asks you questions all yes or no, in 4 different ways at random in the test to try and catch you being a liar. Some sample questions.
Have you now or ever felt someone was poisoning your food? yes or no.
Is your father a strict man?
Do you think you would enjoy the work of a Librarian?
shit like that

MMPI-2 Scoring

Link takes you to a full list. Most if not all of them I remember seeing in one form or another on the one I took at SoCal TRACON in 2012.

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
interesting
Yeah, I learned about it when I was using my GI bill, I took a Psychology class but actually took it for the FAA in 2013. Its common to fail first time up. (I didnt but a GOOD friend of mine did) They basically have you restest or see a Physiologist and some even go to a third round. (even more rare) Just answer honestly. The test is designed to catch lies. Answering honestly is the best chance to pass. Unless you really do think people are out to get you and poisoning your food.

MatthewMateo

Newcomer
Sep 3, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Uh... I didn't get selected. My application read that I selected NO on 52 weeks on control experience and NO on willing to accept any location. I totally didn't select NO on either of those questions. I also attached my CTO, Pink Card, and my resume which clearly states I have over six years experience. Looks like I'll be calling the FAA tomorrow afternoon.

Papa Delta

Trusted Contributor
Jan 26, 2015
The North West
Uh... I didn't get selected. My application read that I selected NO on 52 weeks on control experience and NO on willing to accept any location. I totally didn't select NO on either of those questions. I also attached my CTO, Pink Card, and my resume which clearly states I have over six years experience. Looks like I'll be calling the FAA tomorrow afternoon.
Why did it say you selected no when you said you selected yes? This doesn't add up.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
United bitching about a long final, Salt Lake North flow IFR simultaneous approaches....
"Approach, if we go much further we'll be in Vegas."
"United so and so, contact vegas approach 121.5"
My sup threw a flight strip holder from across the room at me.

Knew a guy who worked a while back at D21. Told me a story of his response to an irate United pilot who was questioning his sequencing decision on final.

Pilot: Approach we DEMAND to know why this aircraft here is in front of us blah blah blah...
Controller: Because he's closer to the airport.

DWK

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
If that is actually the case, hopefully they are willing to help you out man. Besides this, did anyone else not make the referred list that had been previously reviewed with the green check?