2152 BID IS OUT.... EXPERIENCED CONTROLLERS

gsujake

Trusted Member
Nov 29, 2011
They just announced that they are only hiring 700 from the OTS bid and the next bid won't come out until 2017. The 3,275 number was including tech support and other FAA related jobs.
Source? As of last Thursday the FAA & NATCA thought they were getting 2300 from the OTS bid and that is also what the FAA released in their slideshow.

AT0991

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2013
E1 = Airman Recruit
E2 = Airman Apprentice
E3 = Airman

This is true of any Navy enlisted sailor who is involved in aviation.

The 3 that I know of are Seaman, Airman, and Fireman depending on what your job is in the Navy. Believe it or not they do have Naval Air stations where they abide by 7110.65 and such.
like i said earlier i didn't know they called themselves airman in the navy

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
A lot of people dont. I do Army contract now and im the only Former Sailor, rest are Soldiers. They always come back with "Seamen!" I just have to face palm. "I was Aviation, I was called an Airmen like the air force. Calm yourself. I know you're army and its hard to come up with a real come back aside from Seamen, but its inaccurate in my case"

AT0991

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2013
A lot of people dont. I do Army contract now and im the only Former Sailor, rest are Soldiers. They always come back with "Seamen!" I just have to face palm. "I was Aviation, I was called an Airmen like the air force. Calm yourself. I know you're army and its hard to come up with a real come back aside from Seamen, but its inaccurate in my case"
i remember in Pensacola the navy instructors would get mad at us marines when we would call them petty officers instead of ac1. I always thought it was funny how you navy folks like to make up your own ranks.

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
i remember in Pensacola the navy instructors would get mad at us marines when we would call them petty officers instead of ac1. I always thought it was funny how you navy folks like to make up your own ranks.
Lmao. Yeah, we do like Rate and Rank instead of just rank. We get to prideful in the Navy with our jobs and want to be called by it. After a while it does get weird getting called Petty Officer. I remember walking along 32nd street and two E-nothings looked at me and actually said "Good Morning petty officer" like we had to do in Boot. It was awkward and weird. I didnt like it. I got to used to AC2.

AT0991

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2013
Lmao. Yeah, we do like Rate and Rank instead of just rank. We get to prideful in the Navy with our jobs and want to be called by it. After a while it does get weird getting called Petty Officer. I remember walking along 32nd street and two E-nothings looked at me and actually said "Good Morning petty officer" like we had to do in Boot. It was awkward and weird. I didnt like it. I got to used to AC2.
so have you heard anything from hr yet?

sweetea

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2012
NC
Got off the phone with HR today. Had to call to find out where I need to submit my dd214 to. Asked her if there was anything else they needed from me. She looked me up in the computer, all my clearances are in. Woot better yet she went on to describe that placements are being pushed out now so to keep an eye out for either a email or a phone call for direct facility. She made it sound like if you get an email you'll have a choice. If you get a phone call it's for them to give you a report date.
Also she said this should occur within this week or next.

slater

Epic Member
Oct 16, 2009
Outside your window
You do know the DON has more aircraft than the airforce right? Airforce and the term airman was given to the airforce from its originating branch which was the Army and Navy. Look it up. Interesting history.

GulfCharlie

Epic Member
Sep 1, 2011
You do know the DON has more aircraft than the airforce right? Airforce and the term airman was given to the airforce from its originating branch which was the Army and Navy. Look it up.
My Army has more boats than your Navy. That way we can cross the Volga in force this time...

morajor13

Trusted Contributor
Jan 20, 2015
Got off the phone with HR today. Had to call to find out where I need to submit my dd214 to. Asked her if there was anything else they needed from me. She looked me up in the computer, all my clearances are in. Woot better yet she went on to describe that placements are being pushed out now so to keep an eye out for either a email or a phone call for direct facility. She made it sound like if you get an email you'll have a choice. If you get a phone call it's for them to give you a report date.
I hope that's correct!

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
As an AC2, I had a Lance Corporal that was by me at the Norfolk International get this really excited stare about him, kept looking at me until I glanced at him, all so he could say good afternoon Petty Officer. It was a trip.

jbrandon

Jan 22, 2014
The Magic Show!
Did you speak with your rep or just call and talk to whoever answers? I cant get a hold of mine to update some of my information.

sweetea

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2012
NC
I spoke with a rep. I was referred to. Agent that sent out my tol is apparently not a hr rep lol. They were just asked to help send out tol's. But I wouldn't worry about getting a hold of the person that issued your tol. You have an account in thier database any agent can assist you.

jbrandon

Jan 22, 2014
The Magic Show!
I will try tomorrow. Hopefully she gave you good info because I was planning on moving back home at the end of the month and this would save me from a double move.