2152 BID IS OUT.... EXPERIENCED CONTROLLERS

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
That rumor came from HR. I asked if En route would have to go to the academy, she said "No, no one is going to the academy, everyone is direct facility." How much you trust HR is up to you.
I trust HR as much as I trusted the Navy when I was in. "Oh, you say we're going to Singapore, India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Oman, Jordan, Dubai, Perth, Sydney, Guam and Hawaii? I'll believe that when it happens" Spoiler alert, we did Oman, Thailand, Hong Kong, Guam, Hawaii.

Besides, Iv been through the school house once before, HR isnt told much very often so I find it hard to believe that HR would put that out. I hope im wrong, but just as the end of that post said, we wont know until it happens. Which is the only way to survive in a Military branch not the Air Force and on this bid to date as nothing has happened as promised.

Sep 30, 2013
How many other people haven't even heard from thier medical exam POC yet? I called and left messages. Nothing. Sent emails and got a reply saying "just call."
They called me back and I missed the call and when I called them ten minutes later, they actually answered and handled everything I needed to.

RBRCRJ

Newcomer
Jan 21, 2015
I, also, was contacted by background clearance investigator yesterday, having received TOL on April 9. Interview tomorrow.

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
see im torn if i should feel good or bad about not being called by an investigator.. after i sent all my forms in and completed all my paperwork.. ive heard nothing but silence...
When I went through all of this in 2012-2014 (including academy) I never had a Security interview, my current boss said everyone who left there for the FAA did have one, including the class mate who got me this job, had a FBI security interview. No news is good news.

dhawton

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2015
ELB240002
www.danielhawton.com
see im torn if i should feel good or bad about not being called by an investigator.. after i sent all my forms in and completed all my paperwork.. ive heard nothing but silence...
I didn't hear anything for 3 weeks. Then, the day I am moving to another state, I get a call. I was already half way to the new home otherwise I would've tried to make the interview before I left. Now I get to wait on the new area's investigator to get to my package.

SkylinesSuck

Trusted Contributor
Sep 4, 2009
asleep at work
Just tried calling the medical POC's again. One is on vacation until after Memorial Day and said don't bother leaving a message. The other never picked up. I called at increasingly shorter intervals starting every ten minutes up to almost back to back phone calls over the course of two hours. Nothing. I'm trying to arrange the other appointments and plane tickets around this one, so it's pretty frustrating.

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
I have heard nothing, assumed im good since my Serco clearance was done in February, and it was mentioned that they could use that one. Called HR and they have my medical but not security clearance. No calls to meet with an investigator or anything

Edit: FWIW I was told they are still busy entering clearances, so it's possible that if yours isn't done yet and you haven't been contacted for a sit down, that you are just waiting to be entered into the system.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2015
Boise
I have heard nothing, assumed im good since my Serco clearance was done in February, and it was mentioned that they could use that one. Called HR and they have my medical but not security clearance. No calls to meet with an investigator or anything
yeah i just called and they got all my stuff and my name has been sent over for placement... so i guess im good to go

bjmost88

Newcomer
Feb 6, 2014
yeah i just called and they got all my stuff and my name has been sent over for placement... so i guess im good to go
So your security clearance is already back? You're the first person I've heard who's done with that. Did you just ask your HR rep if they had everything for you or what?

Mar 19, 2015
Boise
So your security clearance is already back? You're the first person I've heard who's done with that. Did you just ask your HR rep if they had everything for you or what?
i literally called 30 minutes ago and was told that both medical and security were in and my name has been sent to whoever they send it to for placement.. and i do not troll.. my reps name is Cindy.

ModeSea

Jan 27, 2015
New England
I'm still waiting on my medical clearance to come in. I have my conditional security clearance and passed my drug test. I was first batch of TOLs and completed my physical 4 weeks ago