4/19 Enroute Basics

GoAround123

Newcomer
Mar 8, 2018
Hey everyone,

I was just offered this class date today. Super stoked! Don't see a thread for this class yet so I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

I will be staying at Kim's Place.

ice_the_dice

Newcomer
Nov 12, 2010
Hello everyone, Kyle here. I just got the FOL myself and I am planning on staying at Isola Bella. I still have to make the arangements and phone calls, but I will update you when I know for sure.

GoAround123

Newcomer
Mar 8, 2018
Hello everyone, Kyle here. I just got the FOL myself and I am planning on staying at Isola Bella. I still have to make the arangements and phone calls, but I will update you when I know for sure.
What's up, Kyle! If you change your mind I think Kim's still has room. AFAIK there are two of us from the class "booked" already, but that will probably continue to grow as the weeks progress. I'm doing the self pay option for a room in the 3 bedroom houses at $39/night to save some per-diem.

carp_5

Newcomer
Feb 24, 2017
I have this class date as well. Not sure where I am staying yet. Trying to go cheap though, that is for sure!

ice_the_dice

Newcomer
Nov 12, 2010
Yeah I am bringing someone with me so I ended up reserving with Isola Bella. I hope that is still pretty close by to where most of us will end up. If anyone else wants to go there I can get you in at $50 per day if you tell them Kyle referred you and $45 per day if you refer someone yourself.

GoAround123

Newcomer
Mar 8, 2018
I have this class date as well. Not sure where I am staying yet. Trying to go cheap though, that is for sure!
Me too, trying to keep a budget. I'll be able to pocket $500+ a month in housing per-diem with my situation as opposed to spending the whole $57 elsewhere. For those who may not know, for those FAA oriented housing places, the FAA can pay your housing directly but if the nightly cost is less than $57, you will not be able to keep the difference. If you pay yourself with a credit card or check, then file for per-diem later, $57 x 30 days - Your nightly rate = how much you get to pocket each month.

Radik90

Newcomer
Sep 12, 2017
Hey all! Just got this class date today! I think I'll be staying at Kim's place and bringing a car so if study groups happen at other places throughout our stay I can drive there.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Me too, trying to keep a budget. I'll be able to pocket $500+ a month in housing per-diem with my situation as opposed to spending the whole $57 elsewhere. For those who may not know, for those FAA oriented housing places, the FAA can pay your housing directly but if the nightly cost is less than $57, you will not be able to keep the difference. If you pay yourself with a credit card or check, then file for per-diem later, $57 x 30 days - Your nightly rate = how much you get to pocket each month.
Some of the places like Kims will take CC so you can get a ton of rewards points. She also is set up as lodging so I get triple points on travel so I'm getting like 15000 free points while im here.

Radik90

Newcomer
Sep 12, 2017
If y’all are on Facebook and wanna message me your names I can add you guys and make a group for our class. It would make study groups a lot easier I think.

Radik90

Newcomer
Sep 12, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/groups/788388024695121/

That's the link for the study group for our class I wanna get going. If you cant request to join just tell me and I'll add you manually if that's possible. I'd like to use it for us to all say hello and put a name to a face as well as use it to post when/where potential study groups might be held for our class throughout our stay.