7/7 Non-prior Bid WAITING ON TOLS

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
As one of the few actual controllers on this website, you'd think actual insight would be appreciated. Apparently not.
Except the majority of your posts are complaining about people asking questions. And telling people to suck it up because they've got a long wait.

Ceedubya

Rookie
Jan 23, 2018
Texas
I dont agree with all your numbers, I am a VET pool 1. NO TOL yet. I called today "names are still being selected for next wave" she asked me for my email and told me to have a good day.
You may want to take a seat, there is such a thing as pool 1 band 2. See that 3rd line there? 0 out of 52 band 2 (still in pool 1 mind you) vets were selected. Hate to say it but looks like you were pool 1 band 2.

Remington

Aug 16, 2016
I'm always so amazed that you never stop complaining about this. Just close stuckmic
I agree- not specifically for the poster you’re talking to, but just in general on here and .65 people can get nasty for questions that have already been asked. If we weren’t supposed to talk to each other and discuss the process than they should just be informational websites with an FAQ and not discussion forums. If I think someone’s question is pointless I try to keep scrolling. Thankful for anyone who’s been helpful during this long process- been applying since 2014 and finally got through, so yeah is fun to get to talk about the process.

molinmi

Apr 14, 2014
You may want to take a seat, there is such a thing as pool 1 band 2. See that 3rd line there? 0 out of 52 band 2 (still in pool 1 mind you) vets were selected. Hate to say it but looks like you were pool 1 band 2.
That could be the issue too. Who knows

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
That could be the issue too. Who knows
Well if you didn't make it through the Academy post-2014, then I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get a TOL unless your name slips through the cracks of HR.

molinmi

Apr 14, 2014
Well if you didn't make it through the Academy post-2014, then I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get a TOL unless your name slips through the cracks of HR.
Based on ? When you get to the Academy you’ll see many people on their second time there, and if you manage to pass basics even more.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Based on ? When you get to the Academy you’ll see many people on their second time there, and if you manage to pass basics even more.
I know a few of the instructors there for terminal. Told me there was one class that had 3-4 prior failures come back through, but not sure of the reason. And then the occasional sudden illness/family emergency that someone needs to leave for, they'll get to go back. That's about it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if any of the failures that were at the academy during the shutdown a few weeks ago get to go back, seems like they could make a great argument that it negatively impacted their training and ability to successfully complete the course.

Boots posted the line from the application about prior failure of the FAA Academy being a reason to pass over.

molinmi

Apr 14, 2014
I asked the question when I was there and I called before and I called 20 min ago. Their answer is ... " you passed the ATSAT your name is in the hiring list" on top of that if you were hired once the age limit doest not apply to you.

Brewdude

Oct 31, 2008
I asked the question when I was there and I called before and I called 20 min ago. Their answer is ... " you passed the ATSAT your name is in the hiring list" on top of that if you were hired once the age limit doest not apply to you.
If you fail, you don’t get hired back unless there was extenuating circumstances, such as a class who hadn’t one student that completely fucked the rest of the class over, they were allowed to reapply for consideration. Some people will get rehired. Get a tol. Go through the process. Then have their tol rescinded due to having washed out

You may see people at the academy who are there a second time. Slot of them are center failures that were retained in the nest and are there for tower training.
Occasionally someone slips through the screening and gets rehired and gets a second shot. Don’t bank on it. Bette yet, just don’t suck the first time

jimmydee

Jan 8, 2014
Per 2152/Natca agreement, Those who wash out of the academy are not eligible to be rehired barring extenuating circumstances that the FAA has approved. In other words, if you just simply washed out, you will not be hired ever again for 2152.

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
I dont agree with all your numbers, I am a VET pool 1. NO TOL yet. I called today "names are still being selected for next wave" she asked me for my email and told me to have a good day.
You're a Band 2 Vet, you scored between a 70-79 which included your Vet preference (If any). You will not be receiving a TOL. Retake the AT-SA next bid.

YaBoiNaps

Newcomer
Feb 25, 2018
Now just to restate this because the earlier post didn’t get an answer. I’m currently an ATC student who applied under pool 2. I took the ATSA and also got a referred status. I have not seen a TOL come my way yet and if they are done it looks like I will be waiting for the next bid! The question was whether or not I will have to retake the BioQ or not? Can I go straight into the ATSA when the next bid comes out? What’s for me next?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Now just to restate this because the earlier post didn’t get an answer. I’m currently an ATC student who applied under pool 2. I took the ATSA and also got a referred status. I have not seen a TOL come my way yet and if they are done it looks like I will be waiting for the next bid! The question was whether or not I will have to retake the BioQ or not? Can I go straight into the ATSA when the next bid comes out? What’s for me next?
Yes, you will have to take the BioQ again.

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017
Yeah you might have to retake test bro but don't be discouraged i took the test again and got in my second time around I have my CIL now. I'm also a vet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Eddiejay

Newcomer
Feb 12, 2018

I’m in the same position you are. Have you happened to hear anything back yet?

MissChief

Rookie
Nov 8, 2016
Yeah you might have to retake test bro but don't be discouraged i took the test again and got in my second time around I have my CIL now. I'm also a vet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Not a vet, but I also took the AT-SA again when I didn't get selected for the '16 bid.