7/7 Non-prior Bid

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Could he call HR and ask to be put at the bottom of the pile?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I don't know. But this is life as a controller. You'll probably have Tue/Wed off for years. You'll work holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and other life events. You'll miss a lot while you work. A think a lot of people see the salary and sign up but really have no idea what they are signing up for. Not saying that is this particular poster, but there are people out there that don't realize how crappy the schedule is. Your family and friends will have to understand you can't do everything with them.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
I don't know. But this is life as a controller. You'll probably have Tue/Wed off for years. You'll work holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and other life events. You'll miss a lot while you work. A think a lot of people see the salary and sign up but really have no idea what they are signing up for. Not saying that is this particular poster, but there are people out there that don't realize how crappy the schedule is. Your family and friends will have to understand you can't do everything with them.
Co-workers become your "family and friends" lol

jophi

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2017
I’m used to crappy schedules, trust me. I just didn’t expect for the class dates to be happening so soon I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMoolieDon

Newcomer
Jan 31, 2018
Did the need a reasonable excuse or did you just request a later date and it was granted?
I was originally given 4/11, pushed back to 5/2, and then had to push back to 5/7. Rep said if I requested an additional date he would have to ask for documentation regarding the reason.

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
emailed 9-AGL today inquiring about the status of my MMPI-2. Got this response about three hours later:

There is another level of evaluation that is required to be completed for the Medical Clearance determination that is still pending, and you will be contacted when it is complete.

I know this probably might not be a good sign. Any tier 2 folks out there for this 2017 bid? Anyone want to weigh in on this?

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
emailed 9-AGL today inquiring about the status of my MMPI-2. Got this response about three hours later:

There is another level of evaluation that is required to be completed for the Medical Clearance determination that is still pending, and you will be contacted when it is complete.

I know this probably might not be a good sign. Any tier 2 folks out there for this 2017 bid? Anyone want to weigh in on this?
I take my MMPI-2 Monday; I'm praying I don't have to go tier 2.

Radik90

Newcomer
Sep 12, 2017

Did you complete your entire medical or did you impatiently email them before doing the physical and drug test?

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
everything is complete. However medical and drug test were very recent. MMPI was about 5 week ago.

Maybe I asked too early... Hopefully.

Bfranks

Newcomer
Jan 18, 2017
Houston, TX
Was wanting to get some insight on what all we have to do with the AME for the medical portion. Is there like a stress test that will be performed or anything like that?

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
Was wanting to get some insight on what all we have to do with the AME for the medical portion. Is there like a stress test that will be performed or anything like that?
don't sweat it, no stress tests, here is what happened at mine...

Urine analysis (checking for diabetes)
Blood Pressure (FAA has high tolerances for this, so don't worry if your a little nervous like I was)
Vision test (need to have 20/20 naturally or corrected with glasses/ contacts)
Hearing test (not sure what the tolerances are for this)
EKG (they hook your chest up to wires and check your heart for arrhythmias. Easy/ painless)

Last part, doctor comes in and goes over the information you provided on you medexpress form. (he has a copy of this already/ you don't need to bring one) he will ask you a few questions to verify the information is correct. Then he does a very brief physical examination and your all done.

Unfortunately, you will not find out immediately your results, but you will have a petty good idea if your going to pass by asking he doctor if your within the tolerable ranges on everything.

Bfranks

Newcomer
Jan 18, 2017
Houston, TX
Ok thanks so much! I'm 9 months pregnant and inadvertently not as in shape as I was 9 months ago so I was a little nervous lol.

don't sweat it, no stress tests, here is what happened at mine...

Urine analysis (checking for diabetes)
Blood Pressure (FAA has high tolerances for this, so don't worry if your a little nervous like I was)
Vision test (need to have 20/20 naturally or corrected with glasses/ contacts)
Hearing test (not sure what the tolerances are for this)
EKG (they hook your chest up to wires and check your heart for arrhythmias. Easy/ painless)

Last part, doctor comes in and goes over the information you provided on you medexpress form. (he has a copy of this already/ you don't need to bring one) he will ask you a few questions to verify the information is correct. Then he does a very brief physical examination and your all done.

Unfortunately, you will not find out immediately your results, but you will have a petty good idea if your going to pass by asking he doctor if your within the tolerable ranges on everything.