7/7 Non-prior Bid

Remington

Aug 16, 2016
Congrats! Was that the first date offered or did you push back?
It was the first date offered. I will have to wait for my FOL now but I know by looking at the class dates it’s for TRACON. I’m in NY so I was expecting it. The next class date for that is 6/22 so I’m just gonna go for it.

NoPuntIntended

Newcomer
Jan 23, 2018
Just a general question, can you eventually switch to a tower after working in TRACON? Or do you stay where your placed for the entirety of your career?

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
Just a general question, can you eventually switch to a tower after working in TRACON? Or do you stay where your placed for the entirety of your career?
Depends, if you're hired direct to N90 and overcome all the odds stacked against you, pass TETRA, and certify at the facility, you will never be able to leave N90.

BAS92

Rookie
Dec 30, 2017
Wow that's fast...I'm assuming you didn't have any hiccups along the way? lol
Nope, none! I’ve seen as fast as getting a class date two weeks after completing their medical though. Apparently this bid has been monumental in terms of clearances times. No complaints from me haha

Radik90

Newcomer
Sep 12, 2017
Wow that's fast...I'm assuming you didn't have any hiccups along the way? lol
From background check to completing medical and getting a class date was under a month for me. I guess if there are no major issues with credit/background/medical stuff its pretty quick!

Edit: May have been actually exactly 1 month lol

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
Any update on how long everyone is waiting to hear from the medical email? I've been waiting for around 2 weeks and haven't heard from them. I read that people were waiting a while longer than that

CaseyMBT

Rookie
Aug 30, 2016
Any update on how long everyone is waiting to hear from the medical email? I've been waiting for around 2 weeks and haven't heard from them. I read that people were waiting a while longer than that
Got mine on day 22. Scheduled for 4/9, and got the medexpress/drug test email this morning and DT is scheduled for 4/10.