7/7 Non-prior Bid

N603NH

Apr 11, 2015
Earth
I posted some numbers many pages back that I got from a source from a Facebook group I am in. Those numbers were believed to be generally accurate. These numbers only seem to reflect from Pool 1, more so the CTI folks. These numbers did not include date from Pool 2, sorry. I am just copying and pasting, so do with these numbers what you will...

"- Roughly 1700 CTIers applied, and 1500 of those were invited to ATSA.- 50% passed the ATSA. That's down from last year, but recall that ALL of the "WQ" folks from last year got hired, so a fair portion of this year's applicants were either Q or Fail scores from last bid.
- 452 scored in the High Band (the old WQ), and 373 of those folks got TOLs.

Overall, 22% of CTI applicants got hired vs 7% of OTS applicants."

The source also seemed to think that no more TOL waves were coming. Again, not confirmed from an official source, but what they posted last time seemed to be accurate.

Last edited:

Grollo

Sep 2, 2016
They have an internal info system they can login to and see what's happening within the agency. Since many of them are in short staffed facilities working overtime they are probably interested to know when some fresh meat is coming.
That seems like a very fair assessment and probably true. My question is...how were only 480ish given classes last year? This year Enroute alone has 61 or so classes scheduled (unless I looked in the wrong place which is possible) but that’s about 900 or so applicants right there that should get a class date and I’ve seen people who have tried to wait to go and HR has said “no we need the warm bodies”. 921 still waiting seems excessive. Definitely not saying I’m right or know jack all but the numbers just seem off.

N603NH

Apr 11, 2015
Earth
Some more info from same source.

They stated that Pool 1 total numbers = 610. Pool 2 total numbers =650. This bid they only hired for one fiscal year unlike last year which was for two. Numbers fall within the law stating no more than a 10% difference between Pool 1 and Pool 2.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Grollo

Sep 2, 2016
Some more info from same source.

They stated that Pool 1 total numbers = 610. Pool 2 total numbers =650. This bid they only hired for one fiscal year unlike last year which was for two. Numbers fall within the law stating no more than a 10% difference between Pool 1 and Pool 2.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Now this I believe. Last year they were sending out TOL every two weeks on the dot. I’m pretty sure unless they replace drop outs your SOL this year (unfortunately, I feel bad for folks because I’ve waited 4 years myself). But remember guys take everything with a grain of salt and keep your hopes up and your resumes updated for next year.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Got a question for everyone regarding the academy. What is everyone’s thoughts on facial hair? I know it might seem like a stupid question, but I’m not the one to normally have a decent size beard. But recently I have grown one and rather proud of myself lol. I am kind of sad if I would have to shave it. Obviously it’s not a huge deal, but I mean if facial hair isn’t a big issue at the academy I won’t feel so bad about keeping it. Another reason I ask is because I know that it is business casual at the academy. Just want people’s thoughts.
Nobody gives a crap about your facial hair

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
That seems like a very fair assessment and probably true. My question is...how were only 480ish given classes last year? This year Enroute alone has 61 or so classes scheduled (unless I looked in the wrong place which is possible) but that’s about 900 or so applicants right there that should get a class date and I’ve seen people who have tried to wait to go and HR has said “no we need the warm bodies”. 921 still waiting seems excessive. Definitely not saying I’m right or know jack all but the numbers just seem off.
The reason is because the academy can only accommodate a certain number of students each month and is currently backlogged for many more months. I think the leaves will be changing to yellow again before anyone from our bid goes to OKC

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
3,000+ people we're given TOL's last year, not 1,400. Again, there is no need to randomly guess statistics. The academy was in full swing last year. 480ish is not remotely accurate.

Grollo

Sep 2, 2016
3,000+ people we're given TOL's last year, not 1,400. Again, there is no need to randomly guess statistics. The academy was in full swing last year. 480ish is not remotely accurate.
Mk gotcha I thought there were 1400 sent. Makes more sense now.

Dewey192

Newcomer
Jan 26, 2018
Has anyone from the 1/24 wave received any more emails besides the initial TOL? I know I'm supposed to have patience but I'm getting angsty.....

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Has anyone from the 1/24 wave received any more emails besides the initial TOL? I know I'm supposed to have patience but I'm getting angsty.....
some who received a TOL on 12/24 are still waiting for an EODS email. LOL. Chill bro. Be happy you got a TOL. Now be patient and watch the Super Bowl game :)

thirtythree

May 24, 2011
I posted some numbers many pages back that I got from a source from a Facebook group I am in. Those numbers were believed to be generally accurate. These numbers only seem to reflect from Pool 1, more so the CTI folks. These numbers did not include date from Pool 2, sorry. I am just copying and pasting, so do with these numbers what you will...

"- Roughly 1700 CTIers applied, and 1500 of those were invited to ATSA.- 50% passed the ATSA. That's down from last year, but recall that ALL of the "WQ" folks from last year got hired, so a fair portion of this year's applicants were either Q or Fail scores from last bid.
- 452 scored in the High Band (the old WQ), and 373 of those folks got TOLs.

Overall, 22% of CTI applicants got hired vs 7% of OTS applicants."

The source also seemed to think that no more TOL waves were coming. Again, not confirmed from an official source, but what they posted last time seemed to be accurate.
Wow, I wonder how they differentiate between people in the WQ band as far as who to give a TOL to...

Last edited:

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
Wow, I wonder how they differentiate between people in the WQ band as far as who to give a TOL to...
Probably by scores. They know em and they must likely use them so the guy who has a 91 is getting picked before the guy with an 89, all other things equal.

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
I called my rep on Friday and she told me the same thing that prettymuch every rep said, just to wait. However she told me she's been behind and she'll most likely send them out this week. I'm leaving on vacation this weekend though and I know there's a certain amount of time you have to submit everything. I already have the fingerprints sheet from last year, so I'm assuming that will work as well. Besides contact information is there anything else I can get done before i receive the paperwork to make it faster?? Thanks guys

DL0509

May 26, 2016
I called my rep on Friday and she told me the same thing that prettymuch every rep said, just to wait. However she told me she's been behind and she'll most likely send them out this week. I'm leaving on vacation this weekend though and I know there's a certain amount of time you have to submit everything. I already have the fingerprints sheet from last year, so I'm assuming that will work as well. Besides contact information is there anything else I can get done before i receive the paperwork to make it faster?? Thanks guys
It shouldnt be an issue that you are on vacation, the people in HR understand that you have a life and will work with you. If anything you may just get delayed in the process but they wont throw your file away.

I saw that you were going to the UK if you are really worried about missing an email rent a portable wifi, otherwise enjoy your time away.

awoodonline

Newcomer
Mar 31, 2016
Hey all, I would like to extend some information to you regarding medical clearances. I have had plenty of experience with FAA medicals as a pilot but this will be a first going in as an ATC applicant. Some of you may have medical conditions listed under this website link.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/certification_ws/ .

As you can see, it is called the CACI program which allows AME's to certify pilots (as well as ATC applicants, which i just now found out from my ATC AME). If you have one or more of these conditions, click on that condition and it will show you a "worksheet". During your medical visit, the doctor will pull that specified worksheet out and literally check the boxes to determine if you are be medically qualified or not under that condition. If not, its not the end of the world, he/she will defer it to the FAA and you will be given time to correct the issue. To make sure your medical clearance is not significantly delayed because you didn't know about the CACI program, make sure YOURSELF can't check those boxes and if not correct the issue. ALSO, it is a good idea to mail your doctor and get a "referral request", basically a letter from your doctor that states that your condition is stable. Just thought I would throw that out there, good luck.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
EODS advice for those that have not gotten it yet.

When logging in they ask for the following phone numbers
Primary Contact (Required)
Day time
Mobile
Evening
Work

Form OF-306 pulls your information from this login screen, If you, like me, Only fill out the Required phone number and the Mobile phone number your OF-306 will not populate the fields for phone numbers on there and your form will be rejected. Damnit -__- OF-306 pulls the phone numbers from Day and evening slots.

So just fill them all out.

If you have this problem your Rep will not know what to tell you unless you have the same rep as me, whom i explained the solution to.