7/7 Non-prior Bid

JNev

Sep 17, 2012
Baltimore/Philly
I have a question. I put the incorrect previous employer name and address on my resume for when I applied back and the bid was open. Are they going to notice it? Or do I have the opportunity to correct it when I get my CIL? Thanks very much.
I don't think they even look at that besides making sure you meet the education/work requirements to move forward initially

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
I don't think they even look at that besides making sure you meet the education/work requirements to move forward initially
Thanks for the quick response. Do you know why everyone is talking about employers currently?

JNev

Sep 17, 2012
Baltimore/Philly
Thanks for the quick response. Do you know why everyone is talking about employers currently?
Evidently they send questionnaires to current (and some past maybe?) employers to see if you are a good employee with attendance, attitude, etc. The question has become if they do it for everyone or most, or what?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Because as a part of your background check your current and previous employers are contacted. Many people work for companies that do not take kindly to their current employees looking elsewhere for work and some people are concerned that their current employer being contacted may negatively affect their current job. However EVERYBODY will have their current employer contacted.

JNev

Sep 17, 2012
Baltimore/Philly
Because as a part of your background check your current and previous employers are contacted. Many people work for companies that do not take kindly to their current employees looking elsewhere for work and some people are concerned that their current employer being contacted may negatively affect their current job. However EVERYBODY will have their current employer contacted.
Okay this is what I was unsure of. Any idea what would happen if they had the wrong address for sending the letter to?

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Evidently they send questionnaires to current (and some past maybe?) employers to see if you are a good employee with attendance, attitude, etc. The question has become if they do it for everyone or most, or what?
Yes! I wish someone had the answer :(

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Okay this is what I was unsure of. Any idea what would happen if they had the wrong address for sending the letter to?
I chose the wrong branch of the restaurant and if they send it there.... its like i didnt work there lol. Ugh.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
You put the wrong address on your eqip? I'd try and get that fixed. If it is sent to the wrong address in theory their would be no response. Otherwise perhaps they'll send it back saying you never worked there. If there is no response I believe they attempt a second time and eventually move on. If nobody responds about you then I am sure there are issues but if only one person doesn't respond it'll be okay.

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
I chose the wrong branch of the restaurant and if they send it there.... its like i didnt work there lol. Ugh.
You can fix this. Just email your security POC with the updated information. I've done this already for something I messed up on

Remington

Aug 16, 2016
Gonna ask this as well, is your employer advised before or after your conditional security clearance? I’ve been advised I cleared security conditionally but I’ve not heard from my boss that she received any paperwork.
We’re you notified or did you ask your security POC?

MRD328

Rookie
Aug 9, 2016
So I'm filling out the MedXpress thing and realized I have chronic Urinary Tract Infections AND two alcohol related charges (DUI and underage drinking ticket ((they were both dismissed)) but I'm legit thinking I'm not go to pass clearances because of this!

Does anyone know if these things will disqualify me?

Whats the worst charges people have had & still passed their background checks, etc?

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
Yea I considered it (and it's definitely possible) but I just can't imagine them not wanting to talk about it considering it means I'm planning to leave at some random point. To go off of chaos' post, what would happen if they just never replied to the letter?
shit... i’m self employed so are they going to send me the letter lol

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA

So i’m self employed so are they just going to contact me? Lol

Ceedubya

Rookie
Jan 23, 2018
Texas
We’re you notified or did you ask your security POC?
I had asked my security POC about something credit related and she told me that she was going to go ahead and clear me. Sent the email to my HR rep a couple of days later and she confirmed I was cleared.

Remington

Aug 16, 2016
I had asked my security POC about something credit related and she told me that she was going to go ahead and clear me. Sent the email to my HR rep a couple of days later and she confirmed I was cleared.
Yeah I had a question for mine and I left her a voicemail and two emails and it’s been 10 days and she never replied to me.. I asked my HR POC and she said sorry that’s a question for your Security poc... I just gave up on the subject- not going to harass this person..

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
When i had my interview. The guy matched my resume to what i put on equip because dates didnt match up

Dec 15, 2014
MMAC
So I'm filling out the MedXpress thing and realized I have chronic Urinary Tract Infections AND two alcohol related charges (DUI and underage drinking ticket ((they were both dismissed)) but I'm legit thinking I'm not go to pass clearances because of this!

Does anyone know if these things will disqualify me?

Whats the worst charges people have had & still passed their background checks, etc?
If they were dismissed then that means the charges were not able to be proven and they will not appear on your criminal record.