7/7 Non-prior Bid

Remington

Aug 16, 2016
I’d pay careful attention to the wording too... is it asking if you’ve ever been arrested or if you’ve ever been charged or if you’ve ever been convicted.... if it says arrested you definitely need to list it even if it was dismissed. Or list it and add additional comments explaining that it was dismissed.

N603NH

Apr 11, 2015
Earth
I’d pay careful attention to the wording too... is it asking if you’ve ever been arrested or if you’ve ever been charged or if you’ve ever been convicted.... if it says arrested you definitely need to list it even if it was dismissed. Or list it and add additional comments explaining that it was dismissed.
This!

The FAA Form 8500-7, or what you'll fill out in MedXpress, has a part that asks in a "Yes" or "No" fill in;

"History of (1) any arrest(s) and/or conviction(s) involving driving while intoxicated by, while impared by, or while inder the influence of alcohol or a drug..."

Read everything carefully. It's a lot easier to explain why something happened than it is to explain why you didn't list it.

aagudeloh

Newcomer
Oct 3, 2017
Hi all,
Update..I completed all pre hiring steps..but my I was unable to get the conditional clearence due to default student loans and prior arrests,all dismissed (over 9 years ago)..she did tell me that I will continue in the hiring process but she could not issue a conditional clearence...has anyone known of anyone that went through this scenario?

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
Hi all,
Update..I completed all pre hiring steps..but my I was unable to get the conditional clearence due to default student loans and prior arrests,all dismissed (over 9 years ago)..she did tell me that I will continue in the hiring process but she could not issue a conditional clearence...has anyone known of anyone that went through this scenario?
Default student loans are a pretty big deal. Doesnt look good.

Grollo

Sep 2, 2016
Hi all,
Did she contact you or did you contact her?

aagudeloh

Newcomer
Oct 3, 2017
a day after i completed the paperwork she asked that i give in paperwork for all arrests and proof that i am taking the steps or will in good faith os paying the off..

blue_skies

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2016
Curious as to what the process is. I am in the same boat as we have very similar background and financial records.. Keep us updated. Assuming were going to have to meet with an investigator after reading previous threads.

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
Finances are the biggest killer of security clearances in my opinion. Most people are not criminals but a bad financial history and serious debts opens a person up to exploitation by negative interests. You're still in the running though, so that's good. I think it is very likely you will face additional investigation and an in person interview

JP305

Rookie
Jan 5, 2018
San Diego, California
Just got off the phone with the FAA. Apparently some people from our bid that pass everything quickly will start going to the academy as early as next month (sounds too fast). She said I passed everything except medical which is backed up crossing my fingers that they get through mine in time!!

JNev

Sep 17, 2012
Baltimore/Philly
Just got off the phone with the FAA. Apparently some people from our bid that pass everything quickly will start going to the academy as early as next month (sounds too fast). She said I passed everything except medical which is backed up crossing my fingers that they get through mine in time!!
You spoke to your FAA HR rep or someone else in the FAA?

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
Well if they said it it's totally plausible. In spite of the fact that there are still 2016 applicants waiting, tt will likely just come down to who is done and who appears in the pile when the HR rep starts putting together classes. I am shocked.

JP305

Rookie
Jan 5, 2018
San Diego, California
I just called the number for the main office in OKC from my CIL and asked about how far along I was and hypothetical class dates I could be looking at and she said next month the earliest.

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
I don't think they mean academy next month, because there are people from the 2016 bid with class dates for end of April

Grollo

Sep 2, 2016
I don't think they mean academy next month, because there are people from the 2016 bid with class dates for end of April
I’ve seen March but not a ton of April. That being said you are probably right. A few really lucky ones may slip through. However odds are slim.

On another note emailed medical to nicely ask about my MMPI out of curiosity. If I hear back I’ll post. Boss just sent back background form like Tuesday so will probably have to wait a few days to hear about that.