8/12/10 Terminal

TonedeAF

Rookie
Oct 31, 2009
no FOL yet but was setup for this class by my HR rep last week... FOL is suppose to be here this week-- We shall see.

jalvis81

May 4, 2009
In this class also... headed to tri cities, TN. considering kims place and isola bella??

shizz1230

Newcomer
Jan 16, 2009
hayward
Hello all. Current controller breezing thru here just saying congrats to you all. Make sure you go to bricktown for some fun

eqfan592

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010
Just got a call from AQ saying I would be attending the August 10th Terminal class? I have to guess she's talking about this one, as there is no class starting on the 10th in August (though there is one starting on the 10th in June, which may be why there's the confusion?). Hope this doesn't become an issue. I'll make sure to verify the date on the FOL when I get it.

EDIT: Scratch what I said above. According to the class list here: http://www.academy.faa.gov/class/searchClass.asp?CID=50043

there is no 8/12/10 class (though there is a class ending on that date) but there is a 8/10/10 class. Not sure what that's all about...

Jan 23, 2009
Iowa
Just found out yesterday I'll be in the Aug 12th class date as well. Going to EVV (Evansville, IN Tower/Tracon) I'm CTI from UND... graduated Dec 2008.

My wife and baby girl will be coming with... yes that's right. Daddy can't stand to be away from his wife and kid for 8 weeks!! I'm 99.9% sure I'm staying at Kim's place - heard she has family housing available.

My FOL should be coming in a couple weeks pending the results of my drug test I had to redo. So, as long as none of my coworkers have been slipping the Columbian Bam Bam into the coffee, I should be clear there! LOL

Hermit9832

Newcomer
Dec 21, 2009
I will also be there.... I received a FOL about two months ago for this class date, its been a long wait but it's worth it. I'm working at a FCT right now but I cant wait to get into class and meet you guys and gals...

amandalorenh

Newcomer
May 28, 2010
South Florida
Hi everyone,

I was informed that I was being placed in the August 12th class 2 weeks ago but I have yet to recieve an FOL in the mail. Can anyone tell me if this is the normal wait to recieve an FOL?

Thanks =)

Hermit9832

Newcomer
Dec 21, 2009
FOL's according to Mr. Anderson will be out within a week or two if you have not already received one yet.... just got off the phone with him today trying to redirect... no luck!

Jan 23, 2009
Iowa
Hey, for those of y'all in the 8/12 terminal class - Do you know when the LAST day of class would be? I know it is sometime in Early Oct. Not sure if it says on your FOL or not (I'm still waiting on my FOL). Not like I'm in any huge hurry to get through the academy, but I need to know for planning purposes. Thanks!! :cheers:

amandalorenh

Newcomer
May 28, 2010
South Florida
I believe FOLs are sent depending upon who your HR contact is because it seems like everyone has their own different system for sending them. I just received my FOL via email today and there is no specific end date for class listed; the offer only states "approximately 37 classroom days" at the Academy. If anyone is able to confirm an exact class end date please post it because I need it for planning purposes as well. Take care! =)