A11-Anchorage Tracon

pa18150

Feb 5, 2014
Houston
And is true that while at OKC if you put your name in for Alaska they'll send you there due to shortages?

Plattler01

Trusted Member
Jun 7, 2012
Anyone currently at A11 or have any updated info on staffing and the situation there? I saw it was pretty high on the priority list and was considering an ERR there.

Scribble341

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2012
Staffing is rough and just about to get rougher. Surprisingly not everyone has been on 6 day work weeks but it coming. The people here are great. Part of me has wanted to try and ERR somewhere closer to home but the people here make me want to stay. There's a lot of fishing and hunting that goes on around here so if that's your jam you'll definitely fit in well. If you don't, that's fine too. Not everyone does those things. Winters are dark so keep that in mind. Some people don't seem to handle that so well. But people wise the tracon has it going on.

Plattler01

Trusted Member
Jun 7, 2012
Staffing is rough and just about to get rougher. Surprisingly not everyone has been on 6 day work weeks but it coming. The people here are great. Part of me has wanted to try and ERR somewhere closer to home but the people here make me want to stay. There's a lot of fishing and hunting that goes on around here so if that's your jam you'll definitely fit in well. If you don't, that's fine too. Not everyone does those things. Winters are dark so keep that in mind. Some people don't seem to handle that so well. But people wise the tracon has it going on.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.