Academy December 8th

MikeCip

Newcomer
Oct 15, 2009
I was told by my HR rep that their is another person starting Dec. 8 going to ATL tower. Wondering if they are here on stuckmic.com? Does anyone know what the odds are of being in night class?

aj213

Rookie
Jun 27, 2009
Tower and enter classes go to school a week of nights then a week of days. TRACON classes are either on days the whole time or nights

May 22, 2009
Someone in HR actually CALLED ME this morning. My stomach did flips while I prayed that they weren't delaying my start date or booting me all together! Hey, you never know. Actually, turns out they needed me to resend some of my FOL paperwork. While I had him on the line, I asked about the Welcome Packet and was told to call tomorrow, if it still hasn't arrived.

jtranet89

Newcomer
Jun 22, 2008
Tower and enter classes go to school a week of nights then a week of days. TRACON classes are either on days the whole time or nights
Not true.

TRACON generally spends the first two weeks on days, learning all the class room material that you need to know and taking the tests. After that, when you move to the radar labs, one class will stay on days and the other class will stay on nights. The reason being, there are not enough labs for both classes to work day shifts.

Most of the time, two classes start the RTF course on the same date...

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
For folks staying at Isola Bella, if any of you are golfers, let Guest Services know. About 2 out of 4 weekends are playable in the winter time. When it looks like a good weekend coming up, Guest Services will get a Tee time (around 1000) for Saturday and Sunday. Guests can then sign on to the foursome. If the first foursome fills up, usually not too hard to get a second one. Isola Bella has two sets of loaner clubs. Callaway and Cobra sets are available at Lake Hefner Golf Course for $25.

Cheers, :cheers:

The RedBaron

jt808

Rookie
Mar 12, 2009
Two golfers from Hawaii here!

Hey guys, we still on for a 6 p.m. meet up at the IB pavilion tonight (12/7)?