Academy material CTI grad

atcprincess

Newcomer
Dec 27, 2009
So I'm slated for the dec 22 tower class, and am also a beaver cti grad. Do I need to bring anything with me like my 7110 which is outdated or any other school books. I know they give us everything we need down there, but is any of my school stuff useful and if so what. Thanks

spades

What's happening?
Apr 20, 2009
You can bring your 7110 if you want but other than that, I would leave everything right where it is. The only thing that matters at OKC are academy rules. Things change all the time. My advice is to arrive with an open mind and be ready for changes because you'll probably find out that some (maybe even a lot) of the things they did at Beaver won't necessarily be how they do them at OKC. The sooner you can learn their rules the better you'll be.

atcprincess

Newcomer
Dec 27, 2009
Thanks it's been two years since I graduated so learning their rules should be no problem lol. I just wanted to make sure nothing I had was going to be helpful.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
I'd even leave your copy of the 7110.65 at home since it is outdated. The beauty of the internet is it's available on there!

UNDgrad06

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Peachtree City, GA
They give you a .65. Bring nothing except maybe a folder to put all the papers in they give you the first day. Even though I still think they give you a folder anyway.

I would just bring a sign that says "Beaver > Riddle" and place it on your desk.

deanoatc

Newcomer
Nov 26, 2010
Fishkill, NY
hahaha I am a Beaver grad, summer of 2006. Its been 5 years I went terminal, now they are sending me enroute to ZNY. I like this "Beaver > Riddle" haha

again

Jan 20, 2011
Just got selected for en route. Wanted to know how long the en route class is at the academy? I didn't know where else to post this question, and I am sure it's embedded somewhere within the walls of stuck mic. I appreciate any feed back. Thanks!

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
They give you a .65. Bring nothing except maybe a folder to put all the papers in they give you the first day. Even though I still think they give you a folder anyway.

I would just bring a sign that says "Beaver > Riddle" and place it on your desk.
Fail. They dont give you a .65 at the academy. They give you a binder for your loose-leaf coursework, and at the end of the 3 months they demand the binder back and give you a ziptie.

SCOPED

Senior Analyst
Nov 21, 2010
Gods Country, Alaska
Just got selected for en route. Wanted to know how long the en route class is at the academy? I didn't know where else to post this question, and I am sure it's embedded somewhere within the walls of stuck mic. I appreciate any feed back. Thanks!
My FOL said 67 classroom days but total time depends on what time of year you come down. It will always be around 90 days I am at the academy now and because of the holidays I am here a total of 103 days.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
OP didn't mention whether or not he meant to include Basics. En Route Basics is 25 days (so, five weeks), but tag a couple on in front of that for Orientation. En Route Initial, which is what follows and what all non-OTS new hires go to, is 59 days, or just short of 12 weeks. At least according to the course catalog description (472 hours). YMMV.

In my case, I started Jan 10 and got out May 12. Including Basics.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
I started on Nov 4th of 2009. I finished on March 23rd of 2010. That was with basics and multiple holidays, so it really dragged on.