Accessing the site

Bravejango

Oct 20, 2009
Mustang, OK
i am unable to access the site from my home IP address and am having to run through a proxy address just to view it. was i banned i have received no messages informing me of this? what info do i need to provide so this can be checked out and fixed? i have tried everything i can think of on this end except calling my ISP and having them change my IP address.

Rich

Aug 9, 2008
MA
www.air-traffic-control.com
We never do a ban via IP as it would actually ban a whole range of IP addies and not just the specified IP address. A ban would also display on the screen to show you the reason.
When you try to view SM what do you see? Who is your ISP?

Bravejango

Oct 20, 2009
Mustang, OK
my ISP is Cox Communications it shows on IE it shows cannot display the webpage with the diagnose connection button on Firefox it shows problem loading page with a try again button. and stuckmic is the only web page that has a problem loading.

Rich

Aug 9, 2008
MA
www.air-traffic-control.com
I was also going to suggest clearing your cache and temp files. A fix has been attempted and it would benefit us greatly if we could use you to check and see if it has worked. lol

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO
See if you can ping 69.167.181.247

That's the IP that I see for www.stuckmic.com. If you can ping that, then the problem is in your DNS server. It can't resolve the IP to url translation. Put the IP in your browser and stuckmic should come up.

Or you might have an obsolete entry for www.stuckmic.com in your HOSTS file.

DogmaEnigma

Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
I have the same problem.

I can't connect to StuckMic from either of my home computers, but I can view StuckMic though a proxy. I cleared my cookies, cache on Firefox, but still cannot view the site.

I also tried George's suggestion to ping the server, but it just says timed out with all packets lost using command prompt on Vista.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
Try flushing your DNS. You can Google it. It is different for Macs and PCs.

What browser are you guys using and who is your ISP.

Bravejango

Oct 20, 2009
Mustang, OK
Try flushing your DNS. You can Google it. It is different for Macs and PCs.

What browser are you guys using and who is your ISP.
tried this and georges suggestions and nothing worked i have tried firefox and IE on 3 different computers on this network. my isp is cox communications.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
I've checked just about everywhere you can check an our IP is not banned anywhere. I am trying to determine what you three or four users have in common is we can try to find the exact issue. I feel that since this problem is isolated to a couple users there has to be something in common between you all. If it was an issue on our end I would think we have more than a couple users with the issue. We have close to 4,000 unique visitors per day. I do however think this could be related to the server change.

Again, any user having this problem please supply as much info as possibly so we can work on fixing this.

Thanks

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO
Here's a successful tracert capture from Cox in OKC (Mustang, OK) to stuckmic.com:

Attachments

Last edited:

Bravejango

Oct 20, 2009
Mustang, OK
you might want to try hard wiring your modem directly to your computer instead of though a router i talked to my isp for about an hour before we tried it and now the site works great.

Bravejango

Oct 20, 2009
Mustang, OK
also i just hooked up an older router and it works fine so it was something to with my linksys cisco router time to get a new wireless N router when i get the chance.