Afghan Contracts

OscarPapa

Newcomer
Feb 4, 2014
Anyone know how much longer the contract towers are gonna be around in afghan? Also how far out should someone apply and is it only Midwest out there?

BreezyBeachLife

Trusted Contributor
Jan 23, 2013
ZKC
Well it all depends on government leadership and since when were they predictable besides messing shit up! I would say the few bases that are left in Afghanistan, that Midwest has, will be opened for at least 2-3 years. It's a very strategic place to have a presence in for our government and they continue to build shit on base. Midwest will only start looking at your application when you're usable within about 30 days. It's not like the FAA with contractors...If you're applying, they expect you to be ready. I inboxed you as well, my inbox was full when you tried to message me.

OscarPapa

Newcomer
Feb 4, 2014
Well it all depends on government leadership and since when were they predictable besides messing shit up! I would say the few bases that are left in Afghanistan, that Midwest has, will be opened for at least 2-3 years. It's a very strategic place to have a presence in for our government and they continue to build shit on base. Midwest will only start looking at your application when you're usable within about 30 days. It's not like the FAA with contractors...If you're applying, they expect you to be ready. I inboxed you as well, my inbox was full when you tried to message me.
alright cool thanks

pvcwrd

Newcomer
Apr 3, 2014
Any other useful tips for applying with Midwest. I'm out of the Army in a couple weeks and would be ready the minute I sign out on terminal leave. Use to be the Fac Chief at FOB Shank and Wolverine; a shift leader in Iraq (Speicher). Any info would be greatly appreciated.