Air Traffic Controllers Needed In Baghdad

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Negative. No top 5 list. You need to network directly to the facilities you want to go to. If their ATM elects to hire you, he/she is hiring you for their facility. Also, via the CPC re-entrant section of the Slate Book, you would also start at the bottom of the CPC band (if the CPC band is more then you're currently making) ala no 50% on the go, 50% when you certify.
Word of caution. No one has been hired via this yet.
You can view the file here, it's in the first post. https://pointsixtyfive.com/threads/cpc-reinstatements.1054/
theres a guy who posted in one of the prior experience bid threads a couple weeks ago who just got a TOL from reinstatement.

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
theres a guy who posted in one of the prior experience bid threads a couple weeks ago who just got a TOL from reinstatement.
lol I even replied to that guy when he said that! my bad. That's great, the first domino has fallen. Hopefully this will become easier and more acceptable moving forward. For reference for anyone thinking about it, he was a prior CPC at a level 12, had been separated by more then 6 months and is being reinstated at another level 12 facility he applied directly to. If you have any specific questions or need advice on the process he said he'd be happy to help. PM 4M0711.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Maybe it is just me, but if I am an ATM I would be very skeptical of someone applying this way. I would definitely be asking why you quit the FAA. Because otherwise what is to stop you from certifying, hanging out for a little while and then just quitting again? I would definitely be asking questions.

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
Maybe it is just me, but if I am an ATM I would be very skeptical of someone applying this way. I would definitely be asking why you quit the FAA. Because otherwise what is to stop you from certifying, hanging out for a little while and then just quitting again? I would definitely be asking questions.
In the same sense, given the nature of the NCEPT, NEST, prior experience, academy, etc. This is the only aspect of hiring that an ATM has sole control over. Depending on qualifications, if I were an ATM, I'd have a really hard time not hiring from this. I'd rather have a body today over the potential promise of one tomorrow.