Akron Canton Tower - CAK

wannabeatoweratc

Newcomer
Dec 4, 2008
I was offered a transfer there while i wait for a hardship into CLE and I was wondering how someone out there likes it. Anyone on here work out there?

CAKCLE

Newcomer
Jan 8, 2009
Re: anyone work at akron canton (CAK)?

i would like to know as well since Ohio is going to be my first choice for geo pref.....hoping to get CAK or CLE

MissBig

Rookie
May 9, 2009
CAK will be combining with Cleveland in the next few years (3-4yrs.) Cleveland isn't hiring new trainees because of this and they have a lot of new trainees so the best thing to do is go to TOL or CAK for the time being. Hope this helps! It's also a great place to get some training with less traffic before you go to CLE anyways.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
CAK will be combining with Cleveland in the next few years (3-4yrs.) Cleveland isn't hiring new trainees because of this and they have a lot of new trainees so the best thing to do is go to TOL or CAK for the time being. Hope this helps! It's also a great place to get some training with less traffic before you go to CLE anyways.
I agree!

Me and another CTI student took a tour of MFD a few weeks ago, and the guys there mentioned that they might consolidate all the TRACON's for these airports.

strykr

Aug 18, 2008
Warrenton, VA
I was offered a transfer there while i wait for a hardship into CLE and I was wondering how someone out there likes it. Anyone on here work out there?
If you were/are a CPC at your current fac. it might be different, but I have a friend who is there now and was a Pubnat 1 applicant. Has only recieved 3 hours of traning since starting in early March and says they are very disinterested in training new people. Almost "anti-training" like. Most likely because of the consolidation going on. Not sure if thats the reason why or not, but kind of what I gathered; and don't know if it would affect you ifyou were previously certified... .02:

neverett

Newcomer
Dec 4, 2008
Ohio
I got picked up for CAK on Pubnat 3. I'm still waiting on a class date though. Just thought I'd share. Feel free to ask me any questions. Don't know if I'll be able to answer them, but I have toured.

neverett

Newcomer
Dec 4, 2008
Ohio
I had a medical holdup of a heart defect from birth. They needed records that I didn't even know existed. Finally got cleared at the beginning of January. So now I'm just waiting on a class date. If the day ever comes!!!

again

Jan 20, 2011
How is the staffing at CAK?

I need a redirect, I know it will be an uphill battle. Are there any contact I should try and convince to help me?!

customcables067

Sep 1, 2010
Digging this up from the grave - anyone have any insights as to how the downgrade talks are here? I saw some information that CAK was losing their TRACON, but curious if anyone here is actually here and has an update?

eltors0

The Grog Man
Jun 25, 2011
OH
Digging this up from the grave - anyone have any insights as to how the downgrade talks are here? I saw some information that CAK was losing their TRACON, but curious if anyone here is actually here and has an update?

CAK and MFD will be consolidating to CLE. YNG will be staying at YNG. Expect the official notification around the beginning of next year. The actual consolidation will be atleast a year from that date, but no earlier unless mutually agreed.

customcables067

Sep 1, 2010
CAK and MFD will be consolidating to CLE. YNG will be staying at YNG. Expect the official notification around the beginning of next year. The actual consolidation will be atleast a year from that date, but no earlier unless mutually agreed.
Is CAK (or MFD) expected to be downgraded as a result?